Flash charging time & Battery capacity for Olympus

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miaomiao

I've bought a DC (Olympus Camedia C-40 Zoom) a while ago but I've only started to use it recently. Why would it take so long to charge up the flash? And why do my batteries run down so quickly? I'm finding that I can't snap pictures one after the other and it's quite frustrating. Is anyone experiencing the same problems with their DC? Any tips to overcome this problem?

I believe that most in-built flashes for consumer cameras take quite a while to recharge, approx 6 secs or more, it's the same case for my olympus c2100.

If you wish to overcome this problem, invest in an external flash, it has faster recycle time and has further reach. But make sure your camera supports an external flash.

What sort of batteries are you using? My 1850mah & 2100mah batts last me quite decently, >100 shots. To conserve battery life, I never use the LCD unless the angle requires it.

The camera came with CR-V3 and I found that the battery power ran out pretty quickly. Now I'm using 2 x 2000 mAh (AA) rechargeable NiMH batteries, but the performance isn't that great either. I thought it might be a problem with the technical design of my Olympus itself.

Originally posted by miaomiao
I've bought a DC (Olympus Camedia C-40 Zoom) a while ago but I've only started to use it recently. Why would it take so long to charge up the flash? And why do my batteries run down so quickly? I'm finding that I can't snap pictures one after the other and it's quite frustrating. Is anyone experiencing the same problems with their DC? Any tips to overcome this problem?

U have any drive mode? change it to sequential shot.. can take shots without the need to wait..

talking abt external flash... anyone knows if there are any 3rd party flash for oly 4000z?? the original is too ex..ard $700 plus.

Read the manual to see if you had set your AF to continous.
This means it will autofocus continously when you are composting...ALL THE TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.