flash- canon mount/nikon mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo

Jun 6, 2004
west of "fine" country
hi guys! need some clarificaton. a friend of mine is selling 2nd hand external flash to me, he used it on nikon SLR whereas i m using canon 300D. is it compatible? model is suntax 132 AFN. thanks for ur help in advance.

Dun ting its compatible. Bring your camera and try on the spot better

tried liao. the flash fired away.. but dun know if the "TTL" thing working or not. seems like all setting is the same with or without the flash mounted.

voodoo said:
tried liao. the flash fired away.. but dun know if the "TTL" thing working or not. seems like all setting is the same with or without the flash mounted.
nope, the TTL won't work. you can only use it on manual mode AFAIK.

the ttl will only work for the brand its made for....otherwise it willl juz fire full blast....which is something u may not want..

thanks all for ur advise. did some seaching on the net.
concluded that if the flash is not made for the particular camera brand "DO NOT USE" ,cos diferent camera brand use different voltage to trigger flash. if over voltage will burn ur flash shoe. hehe luckily i did not burn mine ;p
as i tried the flash made for nikon on 300D. blah learned 1 more thing> dun try if u dun know, or u got tons of $$ to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.