Flash Brackets *any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

witzend

Jan 5, 2006
Hill Billy
Hi Guys!
I'm checking out some flash brackets online, especially those that flips the flash when you are shooting in potrait mode, so that the flash always stays on top of the camera centre be it in lanscape or portrait mode.

Anyone got recommendations? And any recommendations to where to get it from?

Thanks! :angel:

i got a few... going to let them go soon hehe...

anyway, imho, unless your flash does not have swivel function, else its very tedious carrying a flash bracket, and its heavy too.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i got a few... going to let them go soon hehe...

anyway, imho, unless your flash does not have swivel function, else its very tedious carrying a flash bracket, and its heavy too.

oh. okay. I'm just toying with the idea, I'm using a SB-800 and it has the swivel function. But when in portrait mode, the flash is on the sides, I've used a bounce card and then swivel the flash to point upwards, but it's still a bounce, sometimes not so great. Hoping to be able to have the flash on top of the camera. Want to try out and see the results. :D

For quick n easy rotation of e flash get diz. Been using it for more than 10yrs.

http://www.helixphoto.com/Flash/stroboframe/stroboflip.html

Yes, I agree. In e past I used SB-26 which can flip n swivel. Now I'm usin SB-800 also can flip n swivel.

But it could b quite troublesome/irritating especially when u r takin events/wedding or other situation dat requires fast rotation of e flash n u hav to press dat annoying button to release e catch b4 swivellin. U wud hav missed so many great moments.

Juz my 2 cents... :)

hazta said:
For quick n easy rotation of e flash get diz. Been using it for more than 10yrs.

http://www.helixphoto.com/Flash/stroboframe/stroboflip.html

Yes, I agree. In e past I used SB-26 which can flip n swivel. Now I'm usin SB-800 also can flip n swivel.

But it could b quite troublesome/irritating especially when u r takin events/wedding or other situation dat requires fast rotation of e flash n u hav to press dat annoying button to release e catch b4 swivellin. U wud hav missed so many great moments.

Juz my 2 cents... :)

Yah I know it's gonna be troublesome. I've seen some guys with 2 flash attached to the cam, for both vert and hor shots, that's more troublesome. :p Just tot I'd try out at the shops first with my cam and flash, you know any place in Singapore have this toy?:angel:

witzend said:
Yah I know it's gonna be troublesome. I've seen some guys with 2 flash attached to the cam, for both vert and hor shots, that's more troublesome. :p Just tot I'd try out at the shops first with my cam and flash, you know any place in Singapore have this toy?:angel:

Cathay shud hav it.

Anywayz, wat I meant by troublesome is when u r NOT usin a flash bracket where u hav to press dat annoying button on e flash to release e catch b4 swivellin ur flash.

I am still usin e bracket till today n very happy w it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Get the Stroboframe Quickflip - its good value for money - I've been using mine for at least 8 years already and its still in usable condition (some parts a bit warped from heavy use, but still usable).

There's also a "clone" version of this selling for around S$50 only.

hazta said:
Cathay shud hav it.

Anywayz, wat I meant by troublesome is when u r NOT usin a flash bracket where u hav to press dat annoying button on e flash to release e catch b4 swivellin ur flash.

I am still usin e bracket till today n very happy w it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow, okay. Cool
Thanks! I'll give it a try

vince123123 said:
Get the Stroboframe Quickflip - its good value for money - I've been using mine for at least 8 years already and its still in usable condition (some parts a bit warped from heavy use, but still usable).

There's also a "clone" version of this selling for around S$50 only.

Cathay should have it right?

CP sells the original one, which is I think S$130?

witzend said:

witzend said:

IIRC Cathay is e provider for Stroboframe.

If they dun hav wat u wan, u can place an order but try to squeeze into their shipment of other stuff. However, by doin diz, u might hav to wait a little bit longer... hmm... abt a mth mayb? :dunno:

hazta said:
IIRC Cathay is e provider for Stroboframe.

If they dun hav wat u wan, u can place an order but try to squeeze into their shipment of other stuff. However, by doin diz, u might hav to wait a little bit longer... hmm... abt a mth mayb? :dunno:

okay. I'll go down and take a look at what they have.

It may now be S$150 - not sure on price...when I first got it eons ago, it was only S$90 :p

witzend said:
:cry: siao liao. so ex ah...

hazta said:
Yeah... seen dat b4 n still contemplating. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The price :bigeyes:
same here, these toys are gorgeous, but wallet is not so gorgeous to match them yet!:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.