Flash Bracket Shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prataz

Feb 5, 2007
Tampines
Dear frds,

Which frds bracket had you all used?

Any good ones to recommend for shooting events and weddings?

Stroboframe Press-T. Not good for events. Heavy and bulky, making handlng suffer. It doesn't really improve the light quality that much (it pretty much just makes the shadow position lower and prevents the side shadow when shooting vertically by allowing the flash to be flipped). Extremely well built and rugged though. Feels like you could bring it into a warzone and it would survive longer than you. But overall, dun bother. YMML tho. :)

I think i know wat you feel. Currently using the Stroboframe Flipit for SLRs. It's not that well designed. The frame keeps on loosening and hard to use.

I'm looking at the RRS WPF-1.

Any bros have good experience with tat?

I think i know wat you feel. Currently using the Stroboframe Flipit for SLRs. It's not that well designed. The frame keeps on loosening and hard to use.

I'm looking at the RRS WPF-1.

Any bros have good experience with tat?

The Press-T i'm using doesn't loosen by itself. But then again I'm using optional accessories like the anti-twist plate for my camera and anti-twist quick-release for my flash. Like i said it's very sturdy but it makes the whole setup so ungainly to handle. + it's expensive. Even though i got my Press-T 2nd hand and my extra parts from B&H, i think the total cost of the whole setup is at least S$200+.

The Press-T i'm using doesn't loosen by itself. But then again I'm using optional accessories like the anti-twist plate for my camera and anti-twist quick-release for my flash. Like i said it's very sturdy but it makes the whole setup so ungainly to handle. + it's expensive. Even though i got my Press-T 2nd hand and my extra parts from B&H, i think the total cost of the whole setup is at least S$200+.

Icic hmmz... I wonder if any china makers will copy the RSS Bracket. It looks realli cool =)

Status
Not open for further replies.