Flash and tripod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfNoobs

May 12, 2009
Commonwealth
hi... need info about combination of flash and tripod... planing to get SB600 so need to do some research on how to use it... ;)

first question, can the flash put on normal tripod(nikon basic tripod)...?? or is there special flash tripod stand...??

second question, is there need for extra accesories for flash...??

third question, can D60 connected to SB600 without wire(wireless or whatever)...??

if there links that can explain this question, hope u can share with me... ;p or maybe videos on how to put the flash onto the tripod...

cheers... :cool:

hi... need info about combination of flash and tripod... planing to get SB600 so need to do some research on how to use it... ;)

first question, can the flash put on normal tripod(nikon basic tripod)...?? or is there special flash tripod stand...??

second question, is there need for extra accesories for flash...??

third question, can D60 connected to SB600 without wire(wireless or whatever)...??

if there links that can explain this question, hope u can share with me... ;p or maybe videos on how to put the flash onto the tripod...

cheers... :cool:

On tripod? Yes, there is an accessorie called AS-19 which can be attached to a tripod screw.

For flash? It's called light modifiers. Do a search on this as there are PLENTY of topics already discussed.

D60 cannot trigger the SB-600 wirelessly as it does not have a commander mode, but if you use a SB-800/SB900 or SU-800 as a commander, you can trigger the SB-600 in remote mode. A cheaper option for short distances would be to use a SC-28 or SC-29 cable.

Hey zac08, I have similar question as TS. :D
so you mean there is no way that i can fire the sb600 flash wirelessly, like left hand hold flash, right hand dslr, then shoot? remotely?

so i need a wire cable uh?
how about a wireless trigger, the thingy?

Hey zac08, I have similar question as TS. :D
so you mean there is no way that i can fire the sb600 flash wirelessly, like left hand hold flash, right hand dslr, then shoot? remotely?

so i need a wire cable uh?
how about a wireless trigger, the thingy?

Not with a D60. You'd need a D70 and above to do wireless commander (AWL, Advance Wireless Lighting)

So a simpler way would be to use the cable mentioned above.

Using of other wireless triggers can be a way, but they can only be used in full manual mode, it does not give you iTTL.

shooting model... but not like in studio... just simple set up and accesories...

Not with a D60. You'd need a D70 and above to do wireless commander (AWL, Advance Wireless Lighting)

So a simpler way would be to use the cable mentioned above.

Using of other wireless triggers can be a way, but they can only be used in full manual mode, it does not give you iTTL.

Oh alright thanks alot dude.
I'm using D70s, have wireless technology i think.
I am looking at sb600 and another wireless trigger or cable. cos i want to try yea you know, flash place at the side and then snap.. idk how to describe lol.

if you want cheaper option for model lights, can use a Ai829TW like me, or any flash with optical trigger slave and swivel/bounce head. Just put the flash to one side, turning so that the bottom part (with the optical receiver) is pointing at your camera, while the flash head is pointing whereever you want it to, then shoot with your built-in flash in Manual at the least power setting (mine is 1/128 or something). The built-in flash won't affect the lighting set up, but will trigger the slave for you wirelessly. Works for my simple model shoots and food photography

Oh alright thanks alot dude.
I'm using D70s, have wireless technology i think.
I am looking at sb600 and another wireless trigger or cable. cos i want to try yea you know, flash place at the side and then snap.. idk how to describe lol.

Yes... D70s is possible. Go read up on the wireless commander mode. For the D70, I think you can only control it in one single group. :) I know what you mean, I practise that occasionally too, and it's great for product photography.

Yes... D70s is possible. Go read up on the wireless commander mode. For the D70, I think you can only control it in one single group. :) I know what you mean, I practise that occasionally too, and it's great for product photography.

Oh I see. I will, thanks :D
so, oh, okay, so I can achieve that by just getting a flash and a cable like you describe? :D
yea man i have huge interest :DD

Oh I see. I will, thanks :D
so, oh, okay, so I can achieve that by just getting a flash and a cable like you describe? :D
yea man i have huge interest :DD

with your set-up, (i.e. D70s and SB-600) you won't need the cable. But if you have D60 or D5000, etc, then you'd need a cable for off hotshoe flash usage.

wah... thats too bad for D60 then... lol... just found another cons for D60... ;p nvm... i'll just keep shooting till got money to upgrade... yeah...

Haha thanks for the advises and all dudes here,
I have gotten myself a vivitar flash and that person sold me his wireless remote too trigger and teach me a couple of tips, so now i can learn my strobist! :D

cheers

Haha thanks for the advises and all dudes here,
I have gotten myself a vivitar flash and that person sold me his wireless remote too trigger and teach me a couple of tips, so now i can learn my strobist! :D

cheers

Watch out on the batteries of those triggers and receivers. They can just drop to nil without warning.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.