flash and close up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub_bo

Jul 28, 2006
I realise if i take macro pics with flash esp on glossy surface there would always b this irritating white area.. can i noe how 2 nt have the white area ? Thanks people !;)

budden for me, jiu blur diao le...

hub_bo said:
I realise if i take macro pics with flash esp on glossy surface there would always b this irritating white area.. can i noe how 2 nt have the white area ? Thanks people !;)

remove the glossy surface...

if not, then change angle of flash...

if still cannot... use tripod...

n also erm wad does noise do ?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
add music to your quiet life? :bsmilie:

:what:

IN response to your question, firstly for PnS camera there is no provision to remove the white area unless if you don't use flash. As for external flashes, you can always angle UP the flash or angle it AWAY so that the flash doesn't fire directly onto the subject.

As for the glossy surface, you have to understand light travel straight so you'll need to shoot at angle to the subject so that the light from the flash isn't reflected back into the camera. Otherwise you got to use reflectors to light up your subject. Simple reflectors can be made from white styrofoam boards.

I may be wrong but this is what I follow when I shoot. Any other setup may work as well so be creative to try out different settings.

hub_bo said:
n also erm wad does noise do ?

Noise are those specks of white or coloured (blue/red/green) dots (usually called pixels) found when shooting in high ISO settings, typically 800 and above and also under low lighting conditions. Noise can be wanted or unwanted, depending on the intention of the photographer. It may enhance a picture or completely destroy the aesthetic appeal.

moriahphotos said:
Noise are those specks of white or coloured (blue/red/green) dots (usually called pixels) found when shooting in high ISO settings, typically 800 and above and also under low lighting conditions. Noise can be wanted or unwanted, depending on the intention of the photographer. It may enhance a picture or completely destroy the aesthetic appeal.

so the purpose of noise is ??? abit dumb here

The purpose of noise? It serves no purpose other than being a nuisance. You can't control the amount of noise in a picture. It is due to the circuitry in the sensor compensating for the low light entering through the lens and thus "overheating" the pixels. It only happens when you shoot in high ISO settings.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, you need to read up on the fundamentals of photography, especially how a digital camera capture a shot. Do a search here or on the internet and I am sure you can find something to help you understand better.

Meanwhile, keep shooting and keep learning!

ok.. get it a bit hee thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.