Flare~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCYong

Jun 18, 2008
Singapore
nikon d60 18-55 already attached with a lens hood
there's still creating flare~~
what is the solution to shoot light directly?
or a polarising filter does it?

2wn3bdl.jpg

The lens hood will protect from glare, but not lens flare. Other than experimenting with different apertures to see when it's minimized, flare is a characteristic of lenses. You'll need to live with it or learn how to remove it in PP.

Actually that's quite a nice shot you've got (at least to me).

Or maybe you got your sun a bit over-exposed.

Sometimes lens flare can add artistic effects to your image too. Probably depends how you compose your picture to get it at the right location :think:

Actually that's quite a nice shot you've got (at least to me).

Or maybe you got your sun a bit over-exposed.

Sometimes lens flare can add artistic effects to your image too. Probably depends how you compose your picture to get it at the right location :think:

thanks for ue appreciate^^
1st time hearing that a stranger say that about my photos ha.

and how about u all
how to handle with the flare?

and how about u all
how to handle with the flare?

If my lens can't take the shot without flare, I just live with the flare and try to compose my shot so that the flare adds to the mood. Be creative with it.

ok^^
because i want to know more comments ^^
as in know how to shoot with or w/o flare^^

wat filter u using? brand? if its not a multi coated filter, chances will get flares.

if u want to know if the flare is caused by your filter, just take out your filter and shoot again.

wat filter u using? brand? if its not a multi coated filter, chances will get flares.

if u want to know if the flare is caused by your filter, just take out your filter and shoot again.

just a normal UV filter lo~
coz i think the hood will do it but no
and i hav a polarising filter
dont know can work or not~
try next time ^^

thx:)

it's bedok industrial park
my working place ^^

just a normal UV filter lo~
coz i think the hood will do it but no
and i hav a polarising filter
dont know can work or not~

Just read the links people provide you, that will do. Cambridge in Colour is a great website explaining a lot of details. Should be obvious from there under which conditions your hood will help and when not.
There you can also find an article about polarizing filters. Enough to tell you that the polarizing effect will not work here. But (depending on the quality of the CPL) it may work well to get you more flare - which goes into the directions of what Rashkae said: If you can't prevent try to use it.

Just read the links people provide you, that will do. Cambridge in Colour is a great website explaining a lot of details. Should be obvious from there under which conditions your hood will help and when not.
There you can also find an article about polarizing filters. Enough to tell you that the polarizing effect will not work here. But (depending on the quality of the CPL) it may work well to get you more flare - which goes into the directions of what Rashkae said: If you can't prevent try to use it.

wah!
1st time hear that
last time when i bought a polarising filter
the seller got a CPL can shoot in direct sunlight and prevent 90% of light ( sth like that, i'm not sure)==
thanks ur guide :)

last time when i bought a polarising filter
the seller got a CPL can shoot in direct sunlight and prevent 90% of light ( sth like that, i'm not sure)==

Does this make sense? Maybe you ask again and rephrase. Preventing 90% of light (or let's phrase it: cutting down 90%) is reducing the incoming light by about 4 stops. Normal CPL cut down by 1-2 stops (it varies, see the test).

at that moment i'm still newbie and he say anything i also argee haha
but now not la haha :p

at that moment i'm still newbie and he say anything i also argee haha

Don't simply agree, ask for the reason, the facts, the background. Especially when person making claims or statements is standing behind a shop counter additional verification is mandatory.
Here in the forum you'll get the verification by lots of people with different experience. Chances to get wrong answers are much lower.

ya once i decrease the light to allowed in
there's less flare ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.