Flame On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Saw this at one of the forums, and tried to repeat it.
Use a cloth peg to hold the match stick, and use another cloth peg to hold this peg on a stand (used my old damaged tripod). Mounted my camera on tripod, prefocus, and use burst mode.
Used 14 matches in all, and lighter to light it up.

First time trying this. So appreciate any comments! Thanks!
#2 and #3 are almost the same, but different flames....

FZ10+6T. ISO 50

#1:Flame On!
F/4, 1/50s
49916099-M.jpg

#2: Blue Hue
F/5.2, 1/30s
49915975-M.jpg

#3: And there was light
F/5.2, 1/30s
49915893-M.jpg

Oooo....cool shots man. Especially liked 1 and 3. Agree with jOhO - detail on the match head is excellent. Bravo to you...and I like the use of the pegs ;)

Interesting shot!

Thanks JOhO, DarNikon, Hexlord and Melvyn for your comments!

ortega said:
nice series

might want to try some with slight wind to get a nicer flame

Thanks! Actually I was trying to shield it from the wind! I had some breeze coming in from the window and the flame fluttered quite a lot, and the flame went towards the direction of my camera and the flame became OOF. Also, all these shots were only taken within 5-6s cos after that, the flame would have consumed the head and moved up the stick.

But understand what you mean, as the flickering flame will make the image more dynamic...have to figure out how to do that....will think abt it and repost again. Thanks!

CY

wah~! nice shot....

nice details, did you try one shot when the head started to catch fire? I magine it would be a nice shot.

Sjourn said:
nice details, did you try one shot when the head started to catch fire? I magine it would be a nice shot.

Good idea! I took it after it burst into flames but the flame took a while to build up. Never thought of taking it at ignition point. But that would require some precise timing!

tchuanye said:
Good idea! I took it after it burst into flames but the flame took a while to build up. Never thought of taking it at ignition point. But that would require some precise timing!

8 fps should do the work..:devil: :devil:

Thanks Sjourn!

jeremyftk said:
OMG! Great shots! Can't wait for your next attempt ;)

Wah...pressure leh....will try it one day.....

Nice. More pressure for you. Try taking series of a match stick being lighted up from the moment it hits the match box. ;p

raptor84 said:
Whoa very nice :D so close front element never kenna ar..*phew*

Thanks! not so near...about 29cm....so quite safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.