Flag Day Reactions

brapodam

Jun 12, 2009
AMK
Hey, everyone also siam these flag day ppl begging for money, but can we talk about some funny reactions you've seen or experienced? I'll start off with some :)

-Check hand, hand got no watch, but still run to MRT
-Pick up call, say hello, then tiam tiam, after the pass the fella, put down call - this one damn common
-Macam see ghost, detour to another route, see the other routes also got ppl collecting money, pek chek, panic
-Suddenly Today newspaper become very interesting...
-Bob and rock along with the song on the iPod (this one must see, sibei cartoon)

Hey, everyone also siam these flag day ppl begging for money, but can we talk about some funny reactions you've seen or experienced? I'll start off with some :)

-Pick up call, say hello, then tiam tiam, after the pass the fella, put down call - this one damn common
-Macam see ghost, detour to another route, see the other routes also got ppl collecting money, pek chek, panic
-Bob and rock along with the song on the iPod (this one must see, sibei cartoon)

i got a few epic ones:

1: takes out a 50 buck note and stuffs down ur can. i'm glad there are such ppl around who can still afford to donate so much.

2: asks me the reason behind it, told him its for this organization, perfect score ans. just to realise he said its for a certain racial/religious group so he dun wanna donate. i nearly threw my shoe at him cause thats not racial harmony.

i got a few epic ones:

1: takes out a 50 buck note and stuffs down ur can. i'm glad there are such ppl around who can still afford to donate so much.

2: asks me the reason behind it, told him its for this organization, perfect score ans. just to realise he said its for a certain racial/religious group so he dun wanna donate. i nearly threw my shoe at him cause thats not racial harmony.

@1: oh yeah my friend met this ang moh who gave him an envelope of money, ask him ownself put in the can :bsmilie:

@1: oh yeah my friend met this ang moh who gave him an envelope of money, ask him ownself put in the can :bsmilie:

yes. lucky us.

damn funny lor. cause my side not much ppl donate. but htat 1 person throw the 50 bucks then totally shifted scales.

then when we go back to organisers, they can collect that time, i remember they commenting why mine so light:think:

they didnt realise paper weighs much lesser than coins:sweat:

yes. lucky us.

damn funny lor. cause my side not much ppl donate. but htat 1 person throw the 50 bucks then totally shifted scales.

then when we go back to organisers, they can collect that time, i remember they commenting why mine so light:think:

they didnt realise paper weighs much lesser than coins:sweat:
Lol...they prefer quantity to quality

i got a few epic ones:

And why can't we choose which religion to donate to? :think:

I won't donate to certain groups because I do not agree with their direction. So why should I donate to them? :dunno:

I do not disrepect them nor talk bad about them. So is that non-racial harmony?

And why can't we choose which religion to donate to? :think:

I won't donate to certain groups because I do not agree with their direction. So why should I donate to them? :dunno:

I do not disrepect them nor talk bad about them. So is that non-racial harmony?

:thumbsup:

I also prefer not to donate to flagday which is by religious organisation.
Why? Because I prefer non religious donation. More than enough fails the integrity test, put holy face but doing something totally the opposite with the money.

I dont like to donate near religious holiday too. Because there are plenty of people who donated and I would rather donate during the dry season.

Forcing people with different belief to donate to other belief simply breed discontent. That is the root of racial disharmony. Donating money is not equal to being tolerant.

i seldom donate to flag day. but i donate to other charitable organisations on a monthly basis.

Be guai guai and take out money to donate:thumbsup:

I've have done flag day, a few years ago for my sec sch CIP..

I went to Kranji MRT to do.
The SMRT officer also came up to me and say I'm the 1st person he saw doing flag day at Kranji MRT. ;)

My share of a "strange sight":
Got 1 uncle at first donate $2.. When he came out winning $$..
He donated a cheque.. :sweat:

Just a tip: Want to avoid these flag day people, only Kranji MRT is save?? :dunno:

Last edited:
I've have done flag day, a few years ago for my sec sch CIP..

I went to Kranji MRT to do.
The SMRT officer also came up to me and say I'm the 1st person he saw doing flag day at Kranji MRT. ;)

My share of a "strange sight":
Got 1 uncle at first donate $2.. When he came out winning $$..
He donated a cheque.. :sweat:

Just a tip: Want to avoid these flag day people, only Kranji MRT is save?? :dunno:

Marina Bay MRT is also safe:bsmilie:

I usually dig for spare change and unload them to the flag can.. then get a sticker so that there'll be no further harassment..

But always keep "backup" coins.. so that if there's a chio fund raiser later, can donate again.... :bsmilie: