fish'seye

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
HI all just a thought- Why doesnt anyone post pics w a fish eye lens?

I see tons of macro/wideangle/snipe shots but no fisheye? i dig the convex lens babeh.

There are shots done with FE lens on the forum. Do a search and you will find them

Because of the unique intended distortion, it is of course less of a staple lens compared to the usual shots you see. And not everyone has a FE lens

Ryan

Belly nice.. as seen in the thread your pics stand out greatly against the other post's which do look a bit dry and overdone.. more fisheye action shots would be good! what lens is that btw?

HI all just a thought- Why doesnt anyone post pics w a fish eye lens?

I see tons of macro/wideangle/snipe shots but no fisheye? i dig the convex lens babeh.

considered a "fun" lens..

also, not easy to pull off, a lot of people do not use it properly actually.

Just a note. A 15mm FE lens is by right for use with a FF SLR/DSLR in order to fully utilise its FOV. If u're using cropped sensor SLR/DSLR, use those made specially for cropped sensors such as Sigma's 8mm or Nikon's 10.5mm.

For FF camera the 16mm is the full frame fisheye
For crop sensor the 10.5 is the full frame fisheye

For FF camera the 8mm is the circular fisheye
For crop sensor the 4.5mm is the circular fisheye

Depends on which camera you own it may vary a little.
Currently there are a few in the market for cropped sensor.
Nikon 10.5mm (fullframe)
Tokina 10-17 from 3rd party (fullframe zoom)
Sigma 4.5mm (circular)
Soon to come Sigma 10mm (fullframe)

considered a "fun" lens..

also, not easy to pull off, a lot of people do not use it properly actually.

Trust you to say that.. For the perfectionist in you who has to get every shot right wont settle for anything sub-par. Now that you've 'given' up on HDR whats the new faze dood?

hmm i saw some sample pics of the fisheye sigma 8mm.. are those black borders/vignettes around your pics on purpose? Or it comes out like that. shouldnt be right...

Just a note. A 15mm FE lens is by right for use with a FF SLR/DSLR in order to fully utilise its FOV. If u're using cropped sensor SLR/DSLR, use those made specially for cropped sensors such as Sigma's 8mm or Nikon's 10.5mm.

hmm i saw some sample pics of the fisheye sigma 8mm.. are those black borders/vignettes around your pics on purpose? Or it comes out like that. shouldnt be right...

Sigma 8mm wasn't made for cropped sensor. It's meant for you to get a circular image with 180 degree angle of view all round on a FF body.
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3319&navigator=4

Trust you to say that.. For the perfectionist in you who has to get every shot right wont settle for anything sub-par. Now that you've 'given' up on HDR whats the new faze dood?

i gave up giving up on hdr, actually.

i don't know, i've seen so many fisheye pictures, and i dare say only 20% of them use it correctly. the samples that phoakm has provided are excellent examples of good use of the distortion. a lot of people just use the money spent to shoot funny things that are out of focus, like big nose people, etc.

aiya, all of you get pentax la, pentax got 10-17 fisheye, quite cheap too :lovegrin:

Oh ok so for a crop body, say the 40d, and i would want a fish eye without those black borders , just the distortion, which are my viable alternatives? sankew.

Oh ok so for a crop body, say the 40d, and i would want a fish eye without those black borders , just the distortion, which are my viable alternatives? sankew.

Those with the black vignetting is called a circular fisheye effect. For cropped sensors such as 40D, not much of a choice as Canon does not have a FE lens for cropped sensors.

Those with the black vignetting is called a circular fisheye effect. For cropped sensors such as 40D, not much of a choice as Canon does not have a FE lens for cropped sensors.

Sigma has a 4.5mm for cropped sensor

I don't know any offerings from Canon, Nikon has a 10.5mm. Sigma just released a 10mm fisheye for cropped sensor. http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/lens/digital/10_28.htm

You can also try the Tokina Fisheye Zoom 10-17/3.5-4.5. http://www.tokinalens.com/products/tokina/atx107afdx-a.html

Or if you were using film, you could use one of the cheap Russian fish eye lenses. I used the Zenitar 16mm fish-eye for the following. Cheap and good! :lovegrin:

Alcatraz Prison Block
IlfordFP411.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge
IlfordFP424.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.