Fishing Experience (Kelong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akangtooch

Dec 14, 2009
Singapore
Just wonna check if anyone have tried Kelong Fishing before, is it safe to bring our equipments (camera and lens)? im worried on the situation there, afraid to have my stuffs wet or when it rains. how is the place for shooting?

thanks in advance...:)

Just wonna check if anyone have tried Kelong Fishing before, is it safe to bring our equipments (camera and lens)? im worried on the situation there, afraid to have my stuffs wet or when it rains. how is the place for shooting?

Prepare for salt sprays, so do get some protection for the camera gear. Note that saltwater is very corrosive and bad for electronic equipment. :)

Check this link out.

http://www.kelongfishing.com/

http://www.kelongahfatt.com.my/

The kelong is situated in Sibu, West Malaysia. It is 3 hours drive from Singapore.

The accomdation is basically open concept type. To secure any valuables, there are lockers within the vinicity (not state of the art).

For photography inspirations, you can capture nice sunrise and sunset. Also, you can visit the Sibu island which is within sight of the kelongs.

I hope this helps. :)

No problem lar. Just don't do the stupid things, like changing lens during the boat ride while sitting at boat side with seawater spraying at you face. On kelong itself no problem at all.

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

Do bring along tripod for dawn,nite,twilight and group photo. Most Kelongs have shelters so your gear shld be protected from rain.

DSC00100800x600.jpg

Been Kelong fishing for 2 years with my current cam. Even tried 24hrs boat fishing last year. Sometimes not sure go there for fishing or shooting, just can't concentrate one over the other at times.

Last edited:
Do bring along tripod for dawn,nite,twilight and group photo. Most Kelongs have shelters so your gear shld be protected from rain.

DSC00100800x600.jpg

Been Kelong fishing for 2 years with my current cam. Even tried 24hrs boat fishing last year. Sometimes not sure go there for fishing or shooting, just can't concentrate one over the other at times.

wow which kelong is this ?? :thumbsup:

thanks for the informative replies guys...well appreciated...:)

I believe different one. The one I shown needs to board from kampung Serkat. The link u shown is one nearer to kukup.

This Kelong I went is about 2km off coast and some 5-8km from Kukup Island. Really in the middle of nowhere - can see Indonesia Karimun island in Pic 5. Kukup island on the horizon in Pic 1 and 2 and southern tip of Peninsula Malaysia in Pic 6.

Place very ulu, sure die if boatman never come fetch or pirates from Indonesia side decides to visit. But kinda like the isolation and calmness albeit waves. This kelong mostly for locals only but have a friend who's brother lives at the village there, hence a chance to follow.

Last edited:
Last time I was quite a regular in this kelong http://www.kelongfishing.com/ owned by Singaporean, problem is not a really located the best spot for fishing in sibu but the food there is fantastic.
My last trip I think around 3 years ago and I got horrible experience driving back to SG literally I was chased by thug on a trial bike along the palm plantation in ayer hitam area after that I lost appetite to go to that area again.

Status
Not open for further replies.