Fisheye lens

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a fisheye lens for a little bit of fun but I'm afraid that after a while it may not get much use.
Has anyone bought and "regretted" buying?
Sample pics are welcome.

Rent it, if available. Also take note, the fish eye effect is reduced when using FE lenses on crop sensor body. There's at least one FE lens fro crop sensor body, though.

Rent it, if available. Also take note, the fish eye effect is reduced when using FE lenses on crop sensor body. There's at least one FE lens fro crop sensor body, though.

I have a Nikon D90 and D700. My fisheye lens choices are either a Nikon 10.5mm DX or the Sigma 15mm f2.8 for FX.
Which one would you all choose?

fisheye lens is like salted fish, you can only use it sparingly, it will enhance the dish if using it wisely.
if every dishes add salted fish, it is bad for your health, and you will get sick of eating salted fish too.

fisheye lens is like salted fish, you can only use it sparingly, it will enhance the dish if using it wisely.
if every dishes add salted fish, it is bad for your health, and you will get sick of eating salted fish too.

that's why I hesitate to but a fisheye lens.....