Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Appreciate your comments on how to improve it

original.aspx

I don't know why this pair of fishes always seen to be together.
this shot was taken from Sentosa Island.

Thank you for your comments.
cheers,

hmm perhaps u might want to tell us where u want to see the improvements?

besides the fish being together, what do u expect from it, to be separated i suppose? :confused:

erm i dont really know how to comment. so i OT abit lol. the water looks abit greenish eh.

First of all, clean the glass...

make sure the water is clean and if possible, stop down the aperture more with more lighting options to give it more DOF.

sorry for not enough information.

Here's EXIF information.
Camera: E-300
Shutter: 1/20 sec
Aperature: f/2.0
ExposureProgram: 4
ISO: 100
MeteringMode: 5
Focal Length: 50.0 mm
ExposureMode: 0

This was taken without flash in front of fish tank & with only available light indoor.
1st try for me to take these fishes and chanelling because they tend to move to left & right
This shot turned out to be reasonbly alright I think.

Thank you for all your comments.

Cheers,

sorry for not enough information.

Here's EXIF information.
Camera: E-300
Shutter: 1/20 sec
Aperature: f/2.0
ExposureProgram: 4
ISO: 100
MeteringMode: 5
Focal Length: 50.0 mm
ExposureMode: 0

This was taken without flash in front of fish tank & with only available light indoor.
1st try for me to take these fishes and chanelling because they tend to move to left & right
This shot turned out to be reasonbly alright I think.

Thank you for all your comments.

Cheers,

Looks good. Doesn't look like your house fish tank, no? IMHO, particles in water is inevitable but what you can do is "dust and scratch" that portion of the image eradicating the particles if it disturbs you. Rest, really very nice pair of koi. Shooting things in the water is a headache!

ya, this pair of koi (as you name it) found inside Sentosa Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom
just trying out taking fishes after butterfly :bsmilie:

Thank you for your advice.

I'm no good in photoshop and "dust and scratch" is something new to me.

Cheers,

ya, this pair of koi (as you name it) found inside Sentosa Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom

Cheers,

If you crazy enough and you love your picture and would want to craft it nicely at the same time fastidious with losing details . . . use a small brush size with the healing tool for the little speck of particles. I think that pict deserve some patience. I mean it works for me, well . . . ha.

Cheers,

Okay, missed out something. If you use "dust and scratch" but before that, golden rule to abide with that is always duplicate a layer and work on it. Next, use a lasso tool and select the areas with the particles and apply feathering. Once selected, (on macintosh) hold down "Command or the Apple logo on keyboard) and hit "J" key. This is floating the layer which you will then see the selected area is on a new layer on top of the duplicated main image.

Why do this? Because your filter effect will not touch nice details on those kois. There are many ways to do it, this is only one and easier to explain online. Hope this helps and you can make your rest of your future shots as astonishing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.