Fisherman Kills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Received an email this morning about how ASPARTAME, a sugar substitute used in Fisherman's Friend, can slowly kill. A search on google shows that this substance is used in most diet products such as Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Equal, Ricola etc, to replace sugar for it's sweet taste. However, on some reports that I found, it seems like instead of losing weight, it will cause you to GAIN weight because it makes you crave carbohydrates. On top of that, this chemical changes the dopamine level in the brain, and it is particularly deadly for anyone suffering from Parkinson’s disease.

Hrm, your views? Personally, I'm a fisherman's friend. :cry:

My view?

Fisherman's Friend, Aspartame's Friend.... Exercise moderation in consumption for anything.

i used to wack fishermans friend alot... after awhile i felt really sick... so i stopped... now using the listerine pocketpack... but that one also cannot take too much... like wad jsbn said... better everything in moderation...

Received an email this morning about how ASPARTAME, a sugar substitute used in Fisherman's Friend, can slowly kill. A search on google shows that this substance is used in most diet products such as Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Equal, Ricola etc, to replace sugar for it's sweet taste. However, on some reports that I found, it seems like instead of losing weight, it will cause you to GAIN weight because it makes you crave carbohydrates. On top of that, this chemical changes the dopamine level in the brain, and it is particularly deadly for anyone suffering from Parkinson’s disease.

Hrm, your views? Personally, I'm a fisherman's friend. :cry:

time to make fren with the Fisherman's Wife...

Bro,
I have very strong views about this, but I will try to control myself ;) and come straight to the point.

Yes, Aspartame is harmful and has been proven carcinogenic.

And then, so are dozens of substances that we have started consuming in the past couple of decades. These have severe long term effects which mankind has happily ignored for now. I better logoff now, else I will write a long essay on this subject ... :)

Cheers

If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never trust e-mailed info. That's how urban myths are spread. Shampoo ingredients causing cancer, how to give yourself CPR when you have heart attack, rat-urine encrusted Coke cans and headless genetically modified chickens used by KFC. All rubbish. They'll take a little bit of info, and twist it into something completely sensational.

For myself, it's not so much about the diet. Fisherman is my best friend ever since I quit smoking 2 years ago. :think:

For myself, it's not so much about the diet. Fisherman is my best friend ever since I quit smoking 2 years ago. :think:

Then dun fret too much about it... Moderation is the safest bet... Most food will kill you if you consume too much of it.

ASPARTAME is used in a lot of products that do not use sugar.

These can be artificial sweeteners (for coffe or tea), etc. or found in a lot of sugar-free sweets/mints.

Watch out for them in the ingredients list.

wow, this is a shocking news to me, i usually would finish 1 pack like in galf a day: 7am-1pm during school days:eek: guess would hav to cut it down

I usually take "Fisherman" whenever I am behind the wheels but just a few at most. My wife has been using "Equal" for her beverage for years and so far we are ok. Anything, not just aspartame, taken excessively is bad. I guess moderation is the key as many here have mentioned.

Surprisingly pick up this fisherman addiction when I quit 2 years ago too.
Oops, one MINT lozenge in my mouth now :eek:

It is hard to quit this fishy stuff. But I still think it is better than smoking.

i thought all kinds of mints kills?

mentos mints, fisherman mints.

each mint you eat kills sperms.

ASPARTAME is used in a lot of products that do not use sugar.

These can be artificial sweeteners (for coffe or tea), etc. or found in a lot of sugar-free sweets/mints.

Watch out for them in the ingredients list.
I remember the time Aspartame killed the Asian sugar industry because Coke used it instead of sugarcane........

Lok out whats inside coca cola and other softdrinks.....why is it called 'soft'drink anyway? It is not soft on our throats :)

HS

Seeing some of u guys take mints.... 1 pack a day lah, best friend lah... :bigeyes: Scary man...

I buy a pack of mints like once every 2 to 3mths and finish them only in like... 1mth?

Status
Not open for further replies.