Fish Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiPiGu

Jan 6, 2009
C&C welcome :)

Fish_Painting.jpg

beautiful! really looks like a painting! :thumbsup:

It looks a little glaring on the surface. May be can use a filter next time. If you also could select a picture with fewer fish would be better.

beautiful! really looks like a painting! :thumbsup:

Hi thanks :)

It looks a little glaring on the surface. May be can use a filter next time. If you also could select a picture with fewer fish would be better.

You're right, I should have used a filter to counter the glare. Thanks for your comments.

very interesting... :)

creative idea. how did you shoot it?

Good attempt.
I have been trying to do this but never been successful.
:(

creative idea. how did you shoot it?

The whole idea is to capture the motion blur of the fish. Since the photo is intended to be blurry, you can hand held your camera for the shots. That will also make it
easier for you to chase the fish around.

Throw some bread into the pond and wait for the feeding frenzy. Play with your camera dials to get a slow enough shutter speed to capture some 'clean' motion.
Too long a shutter speed and your photo will just be a blurry mash of colours. The important thing is that the basic form of the fish must still be identifiable.

As mentioned by one of our fren above, using a filter will help to cut out the flare on the water surface. The final effect is creating by tweaking the curves to boost
the contrast, fiddle with the colour balance, saturation and then sharpening...and more sharpening :D

Since the Kois are constantly moving, you'll have tons of photos opportunities and equal amount of headache when you want to choose your favourite photo :bsmilie:

Good attempt.
I have been trying to do this but never been successful.
:(

Try it again. I took this at the Chinese Garden Koi pond. Must remember to bring bread along ;)

Last edited:
you can try reducing the brightness or the saturation a little to reduce the glare...or try using the neutral gradient option thingy in Lightroom.

Personally speaking however, I love it the way it is. Nice concept. Could you tell us where you took this pic?
You're right, I should have used a filter to counter the glare. Thanks for your comments.

you can try reducing the brightness or the saturation a little to reduce the glare...or try using the neutral gradient option thingy in Lightroom.

Personally speaking however, I love it the way it is. Nice concept. Could you tell us where you took this pic?

Hi there, thanks for your comments. As mentioned in post #8, I took this photo in Chinese Garden Koi pond. Please bring some bread along :D

Status
Not open for further replies.