Fish Eye Lens! Please recommend a good guide on how to shoot Fish Eye lens!

soons

Mar 22, 2007
Hi all people,

After some serious consideration, I got a fish eye conversion lens that I like it very very much.

So far I had been snapping around... Fish Eye lens is really fun.

Is there a good to recommend so I can put my Fish eye lens into better use by taking better pictures? :D

On the train, I am just sitting next to the lady that is listening her music via her mobile phone & white colour ear piece. It is really WIDE!!
20fa56ca.jpg

I know some people use it for architecture (when wide angle isn't enough), some use it for children/pet photography... but otherwise, it's just a 'fun' lens, not really meant for anything serious...

Maybe you can use the lens for 'cute' stuff?

Or, some people use it as a UWA, and de-fish the image after that with software.

And the 'rules' still apply (to follow and break)... even though there's distortion.

Last edited:
i also bought a fisheye recently. my take is i can only use it on 2 situations:

1) architecture
2) single subject -- like people or foreground interest.

personally i own fisheye len too. love them to the max. i use it whenever i'm happy and/or when i wanna take pics in cute angle, like...

24297_340400737089_568172089_4734202_6522473_n.jpg

have lotsa fun :D

to me, fisheye lens should only be used when the distortion adds to the picture.

for example, lines that you wish to emphasize as curves instead of lines.

if not, you're better off using a wide angle, or uwa.

of course, it is also a fun lens, so when you are not being serious, always fun making people's head big, cat's head big, cat's butt big....