Fish Eye Lens for 450d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

protein01

Oct 26, 2008
hi people,

can anyone advise me on which lens to get a fish eye effect on my 450d?

i have heard from others that it is not possible to get a fish eye effect on 1.6x crop bodies?

is that true?

thanks for your help.

It's still possible, but harder. You might want to look at the 8mm Sigma FE.

There is a sigma 4.5mm circular fisheye made for APS-C DSLRs.

Canon has a 15mm for their full frame cameras, and has no equivalent dedicated fisheye for the cropped sensors.

Ryan

I would say either the Sigma 10mm or Tokina 10-17mm for diagonal fisheyes, ie the image fills the whole frame, or Sigma 8mm for circular.. of cos you could get the 4.5mm ver. but personally I find the cropped circular image of the 8mm more appealing as it fills more of the frame..

hi... do u still have ur 18-55 IS kit lens.... if so u can get a fish eye adapter.... the result is OK... u can get wide from 24-55mm... and a perfect circular picture at 18mm..... will post picture soon....

its a cheap alternative for thr true fish eye lens.....

or if ur budget permits... i think tokina 10-17mm is ur best choice

Yeah i have both 10-22 Canon and 10-17 Tokina -- Tokina have more curvature due to the fisheye lens....

Yeah i have both 10-22 Canon and 10-17 Tokina -- Tokina have more curvature due to the fisheye lens....

Well, if it was the other way round, something would be really wrong. After all, the 10-22 is a rectilinear lens, while the Tokina is an intentionally non-rectilinear, distorted imagery lens.

hi people,

can anyone advise me on which lens to get a fish eye effect on my 450d?

i have heard from others that it is not possible to get a fish eye effect on 1.6x crop bodies?

is that true?

thanks for your help.

Circular FE - http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3336&navigator=6
Rectangular FE - http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3337&navigator=6

hi... do u still have ur 18-55 IS kit lens.... if so u can get a fish eye adapter.... the result is OK... u can get wide from 24-55mm... and a perfect circular picture at 18mm..... will post picture soon....

its a cheap alternative for thr true fish eye lens.....

or if ur budget permits... i think tokina 10-17mm is ur best choice

How much is the fish eye adapter? And where can i buy it?

maybe u can try ebay...bought mine when i was going for a trip to USA ( could not remember exactly how much...... )

Status
Not open for further replies.