Firsty try on coral

heliam

Nov 7, 2011

Hi all, my first time shooting here. This is a picture of a coral i took.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Lighting, bokeh, composition. Basically anything that you guys do not find is right.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I like the relaxing shoot of corals swaying in the light current. Observing these makes me relax, i hope it can help others too :).

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was the afternoon, 2+pm. I was feeling creative and wanted to try shooting something new when i took this photo.
What is used : Nikon D5100, Nikkor AF-S 105mm F/2.8 ED VR Micro lens.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like this photo as i find that it manages to capture the interest and eye of the viewer ( i feel interested at least).

Please tell me where i can improve, and how too. I am really serious in photography as it has been one of my dreams!

Sep 17, 2008
hmm. how about you share with us what you think is weak about this photo? then we go from there and see what you need to improve.

lets start from this
I like the relaxing shoot of corals swaying in the light current. Observing these makes me relax, i hope it can help others too
do you think, after u have given urself some time off the photo, that the photo says what you are trying to show?

its easier to be self-critical first, because only you know what you really want to say with the photo. its after you are very sure what u want to portray, then we can give suggestions.

Top Bottom