Not open for further replies.

dirtymocha

Dec 4, 2008
this is my first try on hdr

n3lve0.jpg

c&c's please...

im a noob on photography, just wanted to try this thing

not bad for a first try. :)
but seems to me that the colors are more vivid on the bottom right at the buildings?

and how did you HDRed this photo? manually or from photomatix?

not bad for a first try. :)
but seems to me that the colors are more vivid on the bottom right at the buildings?

and how did you HDRed this photo? manually or from photomatix?

yeah i noticed that bottom right, hope to learn more from u guys..thanks
i used photomatix...it was sent by a friend...just tried it this morning...

yeah i noticed that bottom right, hope to learn more from u guys..thanks
i used photomatix...it was sent by a friend...just tried it this morning...

normally all these 'mistakes' can be corrected if you play around and familiarize yourself with photomatix. do explore more on this software :) it's basically trial and error, so there's no right or wrong way to do it.

normally all these 'mistakes' can be corrected if you play around and familiarize yourself with photomatix. do explore more on this software :) it's basically trial and error, so there's no right or wrong way to do it.

yeah...i would do that...
thanks for the comments tho...:D:D:D

One thing you might want to leave out (no regards to HDR) could be the building popping out on the top left hand corner. Could crop that little left side away.

One thing you might want to leave out (no regards to HDR) could be the building popping out on the top left hand corner. Could crop that little left side away.

oh, yeah...only saw it after u posted...thanks!!!

Nice try for first time! I didn't get that far for my first few tries... anyway, you got the registered copy of photomatix or something? I don't see the watermarks.

Also, I might do a free-transform and "compress" the photo a little vertically, to give it a fictitious wide angle feel. Just a thought.

Nice try for first time! I didn't get that far for my first few tries... anyway, you got the registered copy of photomatix or something? I don't see the watermarks.

Also, I might do a free-transform and "compress" the photo a little vertically, to give it a fictitious wide angle feel. Just a thought.

i have to learn to do that...:)...
the photomatix is from my friend...
thanks for the comment!

Last edited:
let me state first that i like realistic hdrs, i am a strong advocate of realistic hdrs.

hence i do not like this photograph. the light is wrong here, the building is brighter than the sky?

let me state first that i like realistic hdrs, i am a strong advocate of realistic hdrs.

hence i do not like this photograph. the light is wrong here, the building is brighter than the sky?

Hm, unless he brightens the sky, the buildings look like they will be too dark if he darkens them more... but the sky color seems right there (to me.)

Haha, not in a position to challenge your experience in HDR, but maybe you can be more elaborate to help him, this is a newbie corner after all =)

Hm, unless he brightens the sky, the buildings look like they will be too dark if he darkens them more... but the sky color seems right there (to me.)

Haha, not in a position to challenge your experience in HDR, but maybe you can be more elaborate to help him, this is a newbie corner after all =)

he is applying much too much strength in photomatix tone mapping

most people like to slide the sliders all the way to 100. the best is usually 20-70.

he is applying much too much strength in photomatix tone mapping

most people like to slide the sliders all the way to 100. the best is usually 20-70.

point taken....

thanks for the reply guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.