Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
Hi,
I am thinking to get a sturdy tripod.
Any recommendations?

Anyone care to share what's their first tripod? At least gives me an idea of where I can start looking. =)

Thanks

Can try the manfrotto 190 series, very popular, very strong, but heavy and may be too short if u are a 6 footer.

Manfrotto is a very popular choice but I find it too heavy to lug around, so I had a shot with the PPCP V2 and it's still serving me well.

How much are we looking at for the Manfrotto 190XPROB?
Also how much is a PPCP V2 ?

Thanks.:)

what is the weight of your gear?

actually i think sturdy is one thing.. do you want it light and portable too? it's always a trade off..

for me i chose to go for a lighter and "less sturdy" manfrotto modo 785shb.. it's not "unsteady" per se.. but it's max carrying weight is really limited and it's much shorter than most tripods.. in fact i dun think it will be able to serve me in the long run if my gear expands..

but since i dun have too much $$ to expand in near future it somewhat served my purpose for now.. and i'm able to carry it around on almost all occasions since it slips into my backpack / slingbag easily (which is kinda a good thing i guess)..

p.s. i am using d70s with kit lens.. =)

slik gt a number of good choices at pretty light weight class, dx330/340... ppcp looks just like the built of the dx340 iirc except it comes with a default ballhead over the pan and tilt by slik.

I think that first or last tripod, what you need should meet the requirements of your likely set-ups... so its difficult to give recommendations without that info :)

Maybe you should stated your budget and setup, easiler for us to recommand a specific model. And don't forget most of the tripod don't come with a head.

Oh ya...I forgot ... Is a budget or 200 sufficient?
I want some time not too heavy to lug around.

I am looking at something I can hang around my lowe pro AW4 bag, that would be great. Also for this price, is is possible to have a ballhead which that rotate and hold the camera firmly so that I can take vertical photos?

to know whether a light, mobile and affordable tripod can be stable as well, would need to know what you are going to mount on it :)

I feel the question being ask a bit funny. Why ask ppl for their 1st tripod? If its a good tripod, it should be the last tripod they use that you should be getting. Just buy the best and you will not worry about tripods for a very long time. Gitzo G3530LSV, thats my last tripod. If you thinks its expensive, from my experience is that I wasted more $$$ buying other brands which ended up collecting dust and taking up my store room space. I should hv listen to advise given to me when I was looking for my 2nd Tripod.

I feel the question being ask a bit funny. Why ask ppl for their 1st tripod? If its a good tripod, it should be the last tripod they use that you should be getting. Just buy the best and you will not worry about tripods for a very long time. Gitzo G3530LSV, thats my last tripod. If you thinks its expensive, from my experience is that I wasted more $$$ buying other brands which ended up collecting dust and taking up my store room space. I should hv listen to advise given to me when I was looking for my 2nd Tripod.

I do share the same feeling above.

I start off with Manofrotto 190XPRO, change to Mamiya AY702 and now using Gitzo GT2540EX. (All within a year)

Still remember laughing at one of my lady friend whom brought a Gitzo as her 1st tripod, told her she should invest on lenses instead. End up i'm the one wasting the money. :flush:

I do share the same feeling above.

I start off with Manofrotto 190XPRO, change to Mamiya AY702 and now using Gitzo GT2540EX. (All within a year)

Still remember laughing at one of my lady friend whom brought a Gitzo as her 1st tripod, told her she should invest on lenses instead. End up i'm the one wasting the money. :flush:

err ...you can sell your Manofrotto 190XPRO or Mamiya AY702 to me? hehe :lovegrin:

err ...you can sell your Manofrotto 190XPRO or Mamiya AY702 to me? hehe :lovegrin:

Haha... pm if you are interested....:bsmilie: now put at home collected dust. The Mamiya CF tripod is already reserved by my friend.

benro+bh @ $120?

Status
Not open for further replies.