First timer need advise to get new digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahren84

Mar 7, 2008
Hi, thanks for helping me by viewing my post. I want to buy a digital camera and my budget is $500+/-. Hope i can get a handy one, good for close shot, can take text on my handphone maybe, :D is it possible? Mainly for taking clear and nice pictures. Nice background to go with me in it.

Need advise or help.

u can consider a 2nd hand Pentax k100d. Look n BnS, Fengwei is selling one at $550.

Please translate: "Can take text on my handphone maybe"

If i am not wrong it means he wants a digicam that can take photos of the text on his phone while maintaining readability of the text in the taken pictures ;)

If i am not wrong it means he wants a digicam that can take photos of the text on his phone while maintaining readability of the text in the taken pictures ;)

Oooooh!

Well, basically any cam. Even simple PnS cams have a Macro mode.

for e.g. my handphone can't take close shots like the words on my handphone lor, so i'm hoping to look for something handy, stylish, cheap and good.

I hope my interpretation of his words is correct :think:

Yes, like Rashkae says, most compacts have a macro mode.

Thanks for the interpretion, it's correct... what's compact?

Hmm...still dunno which of the two i should buy, anyway..thanks... i guess i'll have to go down IT show and ask for their freebies and see whether can try the cameras or not lor...

but exceed my budget, $699 at IT show... haiz... think i can't get so expensive one...
thanks

For that price, add another $50-$80 you could get Nikon D40.

Status
Not open for further replies.