First time using clone tool in PS. (newbie)

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
I went to funan and penisular plaza just nw and took a few pics of the chapel.
This is also my 1st time using clone tool. I used it to clear away the buildings in the backgrd.
I hope the photo is pleasing. I want to make it look old times. I added noise, vigneting, and sepia look. I'm quite happy with the result.

What do you all think?
Original
imgp1783t.jpg

Result
94561840.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a basic sepia conversion with some vignetting added. I don't feel that it gives an 'old' vibe. Usually, old architecture isn't so clean. The exterior of the chapel is pristine and white, it looks almost brand new instead.

Did you clone the chapel onto another pic? The sky of the B&W pic looks different. For the old look maybe you could try a yellow sepia with more noise added to the entire pic including the building.

Btw, thread moved to Digital Darkroom as it is more relevant and you can get more comments there.

Did you clone the chapel onto another pic? The sky of the B&W pic looks different. For the old look maybe you could try a yellow sepia with more noise added to the entire pic including the building.

Btw, thread moved to Digital Darkroom as it is more relevant and you can get more comments there.

Hi,

sorry i posted the wrong original. reuploaded. Thanks for the tips

the sky cloning was .... lets say its quite awful.
my recommendation: get rid of the clouds. its much easier to clone a good shade of blue without getting repeats as compared to cloning a cloud.

the old look... try goggle for vintage brushes, those that have textures. throw one over and u get the old polariod rotting feel to it.

contrast too large. set it lower using the curves.

WOW, this tutorial is great

Update:
From the tutorial, i added
Sepia
Vignetting
Noise
Grains
Lowered contrast
I had fun PSing

90758563.jpg

Last edited: