First time post

Status
Not open for further replies.

littledigitalartist

Aug 2, 2004
holland vee
dear brothers and sisters, first time posting a pic for comment.. ;)

jaimes_pic2.JPG

Hmm, second pic is PS-ed? The girl and background seem to have different degree of manipulation.

Nice try anyway, can bump up the colours abit.

i was gonna ask e same thing, 2nd pic looks a bit over psed.. noise level added in on purpose?

good attempt nonetheless

the 2nd pic is one pic... i.e taken at the background place.. the noise is because of the embeded water mark of highest visibility... 'bump up the colors' does that mean increase satuation??:what:

nice idea...but i tink u gotta watch the technical stuff abit bro....ya highlights are blown out.... not that there's anything wrong with doing that...but juz that it doesnt seem to work for me in this case....

the first shot would have benefitted with abit more space imho...

cheerios
gerald

You're using a 4:3 crop aren"t you?

Your 1st picture makes the model look extremely short. if i had a pick, i'll pick your last one-but you need to make her smile a little.

Keep on trying!:)

#3 is okay... #4 seem a bit flat. Maybe you could try a more angled shot from the side, to bring out her profile. Yeah, a bit more saturation would be nice, cos the green and skintone are actually quite complementary.

Anyway, it's probably because you are hosting on CS's server, so the pic seem a bit unsharp (not sure if CS does compression to the pictures). The border could be a tad too strong, hence making the pic looks small too.

#1...more headroom please? hee...

#2's a little over-exposed on the shoulder...the grip on the border doesn't work here too cuz it's more like gripping a rod or something for her fist to be like that...it works more for #4 if you wan to use those out-of-frame effect...

#3 is not bad but I would say so-so..ask model to pose in such a way that their arm won't be pressed against their body making it look some kinda thick...it's either that or you can take from another angle...you're the painter of your photo bro..heh...

#4's not bad but that copyright logo is distracting man.. :bsmilie:

overall I would say 4/10 for this series...jia you bro! ;)

Castlesinthesky said:
You're using a 4:3 crop aren"t you?

hmmm what's the normal crop?? isnt 4R a 4:3 crop??:dunno:

Prismatic said:
The border could be a tad too strong
hee first time doing a border too... dunno whats the rule of thumb...

lemontree said:
#1...more headroom please? hee...
i was trying a tighter crop for a more focused layout... but jeff mentioned it makes the model look short... :( ha ha... i notice that in fashion mag the crop are quite tight, with little or even no headroom.. (i.e. cutting the head even... ;p ) anyway thank you my dear brothers... will try harder...;)

pns are usually in the 4:3 ratio, while dslr/film are in 3:2 ratio. :)

and iirc, 4R is 6" by 4", so that would also be a 3:2 ratio..

Hey james, haven't seen you for so long! I think #2 works best for me, just that the highlights are blown. I'm not too in line with the hand grabbing border type of PS work too coz I don't think it achieves anything. Keep shooting man!

The way your crop the picture with her finger protruding alittle out of the frame for #4 is interesting, the same doesn't work for #2.
#4 can be crop off more on the left side ( the side you place the copyright)

~Arcanic~ said:
pns are usually in the 4:3 ratio, while dslr/film are in 3:2 ratio. :)

and iirc, 4R is 6" by 4", so that would also be a 3:2 ratio..

oh no... teacher then how..?? if i take this to print 4R what would be the consequence?? distort?? cropping??:dunno: then if remain in 4:3 what format should i print in??

Splutter said:
Hey james, haven't seen you for so long! I think #2 works best for me, just that the highlights are blown. I'm not too in line with the hand grabbing border type of PS work too coz I don't think it achieves anything. Keep shooting man!

yo XC, hi hi... you on IA now right?? weekend should be free right?? find some day we go shoot la... heard peg tua you??;p find some day we juo her again bah... btw found some purple pipes somewhere... nice background... maybe going there to shoot some friends... :sweatsm: oh ya btw, im trying to crop as little headroom as possible according to your advice.. :D

light said:
The way your crop the picture with her finger protruding alittle out of the frame for #4 is interesting, the same doesn't work for #2.
#4 can be crop off more on the left side ( the side you place the copyright)
ok thanks, noted...

Status
Not open for further replies.