DPP_0091.jpg
[/IMG]

DPP_0086.jpg
[/IMG]

DPP_0062.jpg
[/IMG]

DO COMMENT PLS!;p

Just got your 400D eh?

I like your second shot. The warm white-balance really adds to the atmosphere of the scene. Quite nice composition too (good use of perspectives ie grass @ house to grass at foreground, silhouette of tree branches at top). You could've either frame it with a horizontal horizon, or another tilted angle to make for more interesting framing =)

First shot is quite 'boring' I would say, because that's probably the view I'd take in when I'm just walking up the steps, so nothing exactly special. Probably a lower angle might've made it more interesting, I dunno.

Last picture is quite underexposed and there is obvious use of pop-up flash haha.. Nice attempt at flower photography though =)

Cheers~

Same feelings abt second photo...;)not bad for first attempt but for first photo,
quite boring but good try again.It would have been nicer if there were brighter colours in that photo.Third photo:Quite dark...possibly underexposed...try increasing the exposure or use an external flash?im not too sure...but bad photo.Next time,experiment with the settings and try to get bold colours in shots of flowers

overall...nice try...:D

Right click on your picture, properties, details. Tada!

welcome to the world of photography bro...

#1 has no focal point, burnt out sky...
#2 white balance is too warm.. i prefer to see the real white of your subject... burnt out sky... good framing though..
#3 under exposed.. cropping more should emphasized your subject more...

just my noob comments... hope it helps....keep shooting...!!!

One way to know is to try to give a title to the photo. If you cannot describe the photo, then it is may not have a focus or story to tell.

Some comments: #1 - a wider focal lenght may give a better perspective and give depth to the stairs. Sky should be bluer or have some clouds to give definition. The red flowers are good contrast to the green/blue background.

#2 - ditto comment for sky above. Horizon should be straightened. If possible, you could make use of the overhanging branches to frame the gazebo. Good depth of field though.

#3 - a tad underexposed. Using a dark colour card for the background may help to make the flower stand out.

Love #2. Do you have photoshop btw? #3 will look really great if you just do auto-colour, then duplicate layer, set to soft-light blend mode, 20%. Can do for you if you don't mind. Yeah I know it isn't what it looks like out of camera, but don't flame me :p

Edit: Make that hard light, not soft light.

Thanks guys for your help, i follow your advise and post again...Thanks a lot!! :)

i like the 2nd one too
the greens readily provide a natural frame

Second shot got a very nice surreal oldies feeling..

First shot, somehow i find it abit weird.. Perhaps need to centralize the composition abit, nevertheless, good job!

i do like the warm tones of 2, although the washed out sky can be avoided by using a 0.9 graduated ND filter. a do agree that the 1st pic lacks a subject - maybe a person standing somewhere at the top of the stairs might have changed the pic. also, the 3rd pic is slightly underexposed.

from ur pics, u might probably want to invest in a WA zoom and a dedicated macro lens in the future. of course, these are just 3 of ur pics, so things might change. btw wat lens did u use?

my 1st shots were worse than these, so continue shooting, and have fun;p

i do like the warm tones of 2, although the washed out sky can be avoided by using a 0.9 graduated ND filter. a do agree that the 1st pic lacks a subject - maybe a person standing somewhere at the top of the stairs might have changed the pic. also, the 3rd pic is slightly underexposed.

from ur pics, u might probably want to invest in a WA zoom and a dedicated macro lens in the future. of course, these are just 3 of ur pics, so things might change. btw wat lens did u use?

my 1st shots were worse than these, so continue shooting, and have fun;p

im using the standard 18-55mm lense that coes with the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.