First sunrise of 2004 from 3.95km above sea level ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wkcheah: Thanks for providing me with your invaluable insights, really appreciate it. :)

To answer your questions, I agree with your notion of alternative cropped shots that are composed of the mountains but it is in my original intent to express the vastness of the scene with more sky.

I agree that some long exposure shots might be interesting but unfortunately I wasn't been able to set up for such shots mainly due to the lack of proper support (I didn't pack any tripod for this trek), and given the extremely windy condition in our campsite, I reckon it won't be easy even if I had my tripod with me. Well, as a matter of fact, photography isn't actually the main purpose of this trip. :)

Very interesting info you have there on tracing the stars, I will make sure I will give it a go in my next mountaineering trip.

Thanks again for your invaluable insights and kind comments! ;)

Hi Avatar,

Any plans next year for another trip? Do you arrange these on your own or get a packaged or guided tour?

I'm a rookie, and have been contemplating about planning a trip sometime mid of next year. Thinking of the Tongariro crossing (NZ), Mount Kinabalu or somewhere Down-Under. Objective is to get out of the city here, get into some natural surroundings, de-stress a bit, and at the same time marvel at the beautiful world we live in (before its all gone). Anyway, still in planning stage.

Cheers!

-WK

wkcheah said:
Hi Avatar,

Any plans next year for another trip? Do you arrange these on your own or get a packaged or guided tour?

I'm a rookie, and have been contemplating about planning a trip sometime mid of next year. Thinking of the Tongariro crossing (NZ), Mount Kinabalu or somewhere Down-Under. Objective is to get out of the city here, get into some natural surroundings, de-stress a bit, and at the same time marvel at the beautiful world we live in (before its all gone). Anyway, still in planning stage.

Cheers!

-WK

WK, apologies for the late reply, hasn't been online since last week. :)

I have no firm plans yet but we (I & my wife) will go for such trips whenever we have the time to, our next possible locale should be in South America (in the vicinity of Peru/Argentina).

These are all self planned trips, we prefer to go on our own over guided ones. The Tongariro Crossing you mentioned is a nice place to be in, there is another less frequent one in NZ that is worth looking at, we are currently looking into more details here. :)

Good luck on your planning! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.