First Product Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinwin

Jun 21, 2006
East of Singapore
Bought a mini studio set from Hong Kong. Tested with a few photos. C&C are welcome.

1. Nikon Coolpix 7900
original.jpg

2. HP iPAQ 2400
original.jpg

3. Souvenir from New Zealand : KORU: The newborn, unfurling fern frond.
original.jpg

4. Toy car from Hot Weels
original.jpg

5. My Swatch
original.jpg

More photos available at : http://www.pbase.com/calvin_y/1st_product_shoot

cheers

sweet watch! how much did you get it for?

nice set. love the black backgrounds.

any idea how to make the white background ones totally white? like FFFFFF white? i can't seem to do that with my lightbox. normally i get slightly grey ones and i have to photoshop the white background in.

nice set. love the black backgrounds.

any idea how to make the white background ones totally white? like FFFFFF white? i can't seem to do that with my lightbox. normally i get slightly grey ones and i have to photoshop the white background in.

Good question, I have yet to discover this ..... What I did is overexpose the picture to make the background more white ..... It's tough ......

nice
like 1, 3 and 4. 1st one looks the best

white background, put another lightsource on the background... else u risk overexpose on subject as well.

Thanks for the advise. May I know how does another lightsource on the background will help the subject not to be over expose?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the advise. May I know how does another lightsource on the background will help the subject not to be over expose?

Thanks again.

well, my standard setup for any white background i wanna achieve is using a glass table with white cloth material. then i put a light below, 45 degree facing the camera from 45 degree down facing the subject so its like directly opposite, that way, the background is 1 even tone of white. but will render your image silouette... so put another light directly above the object will create a lightsource that illuminate the subject. both normally with softbox and additional diffuser to have as soft lighting as possible.

if u try it then u will know.

(image will be flat... for contrasting images, with white background, just put light at angle and increase intensity, or reduce bottom light, using a lightmeter will be faster as well)

Thanks again.

oh ya, went OT...

anyway, if u position another lightsource for eg, outside the frame but placed behind the subject towards the background, it will make white color background, and your subject will not be over exposed due to that extra light source, cos your subject will be lighted by your existing light. which exposure is what u want...

but if u wanna have white background, you over expose the picture, the background is white, but your subject will also appear faded due to the overexposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.