Not open for further replies.

whalaueh

Nov 27, 2003
Sydney
Visit site
Flower 1.jpg

Feel free to comment... ;)

Hi whalaueh,

Ok, this is what I think your shot is. Composition is all scattered around. Next time try and focus on a particular stem of flower. If you are trying to shoot the a group of the same flowers, try and go at a higher angle. The green stems is not working well here. I think your camera does not have a macro function, right?

I find the exposure a tat to bright for my liking unless the flowers are that light in colours. Actually the green background is quite nice which compliment well with the red if you get a good angle.

I know you are using a prosumer camera to shoot this, so lack in many features which is available in a DSLR/SLR but you still can make full use if you understand the exposures well.

As for my advice, shoot more and experimental different angles, zooming in and out. Don't just shoot because you have a large amount of space in your memory card. Look at the subject/object before you press the trigger. If you are not I am glad to hear that. But if you are I hope you can slow down.... :sweat:

This is not like buying TOTO where you buy buy buy and wait for it to kena one day. It's about getting a correct angle and composition. Look at your finder and assess them carefully. Look at all the four angles of the frame. Then look again at the subject/object that you are shooting, whether the light is falling nicely on the subject/object. Then press the trigger! :p

Hope I did not scare you away! Good luck on your coming shoots........

Thank you

for a while i've been trying to find what is the main subject....... nevertheless, nice colour combination and graduation of light to dark.... i would suggest you try to take it easy, try to find something as your main subject rather than just repeatitive pattern(can be nice oso)... take your time.. hope to see more of your picture... keep it coming.... dont worry, you gotta start somewhere.

Whao... so much comments (this did frighten me a bit :what:
, this shows i'm not called a newbie for nothing :D)
Anyway thanks for your valuable comments and i hope that i will improve on my photography..

Flower Macro.jpg

How about this picture?

Hi Whalaueh,

Composition is to rigid. This is because your subject is too close. Your angle of view is too low. Would have shift my lens a little higher so that the foreground petals does not dominate the overall shot.

Is it also because that your camera is too close which make the shot look too yellow and bright.

Would have love to see more details on the centre of the flower.

Thank you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.