First outing - the zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobby

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,
Newbie here - I'm planning on heading off to the zoo tmrw for my first "outing", I know i'll probably end up with a batch of quite generic shots so does anyone have any tips?

I'll be taking along: EOS 400D, the std EFS 18-55mm, an older EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM and tripod.

Thanks in advance!!

I like the snakes enlosure. Your 18-55 plus the built in flash will give you nice close-ups.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to visit both these spots. :)

plan ur trip. check out the activities in the zoo for that day that you might want to participate. plan your route so that you don't end up running around the zoo. bring plenty of water if you want to save money cos drinks in zoo quite ex. better to go very early morning when your subject are likely to be jumping around(active). a rush trip may not be enjoyable as shooting "nature" requires patience.

honestly speaking you may not be able to cover everything. don't be too ambitious on that.

you can shoot the view of the reservoir. check out the fragile forest for macro stuffs too.

my 2cents worth.

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice above - spent a few hours at the zoo taking pics - some Ok some not so good :) - but enjoyable all the same. Hopefully I'll sort out posting a few for some CC
Thanks again.

Hi, I am heading for my "1st" trip to zoo for shooting this sat with my new PnS - a Lumix FX10. Like to ask for advice ... my previous Fujifilm F20 gets overexposed pictures at times even when my exposure meter is set to 0. Any advice would it be good if I set it to -1 or -2 instead? I read on Ken Rockwell's website he always set his canon cams to vivid colors and -2 for exposure .. wonder if tt works for me too? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.