First Light after Coma

Status
Not open for further replies.
defintely unusual n creative. the cat going into a square blackhole.
will not b out of place in hitchiker's guide to the galaxy.

weird, but i like... is it kinda like pic in pic concept u showing here?

thank you everyone, esp. your interpretations, which are all interesting at the same time.

it has been a picture in my head for quite a while. and i had the opportunity to reproduce it from real world. it may or may not have any meaning to it, i don't know.

Perhaps it is as real as Schrödinger's cat would be :)

Awesome! Surreal enough to match the title!

Maybe if you can adjust the colours to be more dream-like, it'd be perfect!

BTW, did you PP the sky onto the wall?

I like the concept of this photo.
First look, i thought the peeling paint on the wall were clouds which u manage to combine using multiple exposure, but i was wrong after 2nd look. 3rd look, im not sure. Haha...clouds? or wall peelings? Multiple exposure or ps-ed?

Perhaps the peelings/clouds could be alittle contrasty, overall i like the "slight off-center", and the cat completes it. Something i might pick, might be the floor, it may seem too bright/whitish, it bleeds the photo? leading the eye away? Maybe slightly darker, however it seems to balance with the top half of black.

This is abstract. :thumbsup:

surreal

with a very disorientated feel

i think the title fits it very well
any tips as to how it was done? move a backdrop, and then expose for the scene, or the wall already there, and cat walks past? :)

definitely surreal, took one look at it.
does it make sense? NO.

good shot.

Thank you everyone above for the interest in the picture.

the original picture is multiplied with itself (a less saturated version), thus obtaining a very high contrast shadow in the background.

then the cloud photo is applied on top as "color burn" to obtain the painted on effect. this left out alot of cloud details but retain more of the color. the perceived details is actually the shadows and texture of the original wall.

Something i might pick, might be the floor, it may seem too bright/whitish, it bleeds the photo? leading the eye away? Maybe slightly darker, however it seems to balance with the top half of black.
:
yes, this has been a headache for me since i color burn the wall which brings down lightness of the scene considerably. i tried different tone and mix to balance the light on the ground with the rest of the picture... but then that means i have to adjust the lightness on the cat, which will considerably take away its presence.

in the end i chose the adjust the light level of the wall (via the cloud layer) until it seems to be an average between the top and bottom...

well, i'm glad you've enjoy the picture as much as i do. thank you all for the encouraging remarks. will return to continue this as photo series a la Jetee.

Status
Not open for further replies.