First ICT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

Apr 16, 2002
www.pbase.com
I will be going for my first ICT next week. Any CSers from an infantry unit having your ICT on Tues/Wed?

Any advices on the dos and duns of ICT? What to bring, what can dun bring, any special things to take note, etc etc... Keep them coming!

Cheers!

Originally posted by West_ray
ICT means wat ??? International Camera Testing ? :dunno:

itz International Camera Tradeshow ...... !!!!!!?? ........

hahahaha .....

:D

I Cannot Tell! :D

It's Classified Information.... Only those who has being through it will know! ;)

dunn worry nothing much lah....

Like the active days lor..... wait to rush, rush to wait.

The only things is not much discipline and can be more slack than before.

What is your vocation?

Originally posted by sfhuang
PC: I CHARGE you for insubordination!
Soldier: Ok, you accept NETS?

:D

PC: Very funny. Come, let's go see OC. Then we can see MP, who will fetch you to DB.

I already been through two ICTs during my active NSF days. Basically just think of it as being "outstation" with the NSmen.

It's nothing much one lah.... For first ICT, it's usually IPPT followed by basic retraining for the next couple of days. Then maybe a company exercise near the end..

Originally posted by mervlam
I already been through two ICTs during my active NSF days. Basically just think of it as being "outstation" with the NSmen.

You serve your ICT during your NSF days? :eek:

Originally posted by togu
You serve your ICT during your NSF days? :eek:

Because my unit has NSmen, NSF and Regulars. Not like those purely NS units.

Secondly, my OC "ask" me to go. :(

Btw, these are definitely not counted under the NS ICT cycle.

Because my unit has NSmen, NSF and Regulars. Not like those purely NS units.

I am a NSmen in such a unit too. I have gone through 10 high keys so far. I must say that it helps to have NSFs around. The only difficulty is the age gap.

Don't worry too much about ICT, its unlike active days.

Cheers!

Ming Huei

hey beanie!

Usually, ICT begins with this half-a-day in-processing! haha! so half the day gone liao. then it is lunch and likely lobo around since it is your first ICT.

Watch your hair-cut, if u have a growling RSM going around checking hair-cuts, then if your hair standard dun pass, u will be 'dispatched' to your camp barber who isn't exactly a terribly good hairdresser!

The next day is usually the IPPT though sometimes, the
IPPT is done towards the end of the ICT. Whenever it is, u r bound to dread it and get cold feet unless u r a super duper fit guy! ;)

Make sure u bring along your SMART card so u can get some stuff at the e-mart. The new Gotex boots seems like hotcakes and often fly off the shelves! haha!

Most of all, make friends with your ICT mates. I did and some really good friendship resulted!

Originally posted by Bean
I will be going for my first ICT next week. Any CSers from an infantry unit having your ICT on Tues/Wed?

Any advices on the dos and duns of ICT? What to bring, what can dun bring, any special things to take note, etc etc... Keep them coming!

Cheers!

Let a reg tell you:

1) remember to have a good haircut
2) remember your SMART card if not no credits for you to buy your stuff in eMART
3) Bring your packed fullpack and SBO
4) Depending on what your vocation was in the Inf. unit, your estab will differ. Mainly, all the CE equipment will be issued to you before All PREP timing.
5) Bring comfort items (if your Inf unit dun mind but sure got fullpack inspection) - ie. FOOD
6) No need to bring jacket coz the Gortex one will be issued
7) other stuff like ground sheet, ETs and cleaning kits will be sissued to you by the coy CQ
8) Just bring along a positive attitude and 3 weeks will be over very fast :thumbsup:

Originally posted by SniperD
Let a reg tell you:

1) remember to have a good haircut
2) remember your SMART card if not no credits for you to buy your stuff in eMART
3) Bring your packed fullpack and SBO
4) Depending on what your vocation was in the Inf. unit, your estab will differ. Mainly, all the CE equipment will be issued to you before All PREP timing.
5) Bring comfort items (if your Inf unit dun mind but sure got fullpack inspection) - ie. FOOD
6) No need to bring jacket coz the Gortex one will be issued
7) other stuff like ground sheet, ETs and cleaning kits will be sissued to you by the coy CQ
8) Just bring along a positive attitude and 3 weeks will be over very fast :thumbsup:

can bring my camera boh?

can double up as a war photog :bsmilie: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by plsoong
can bring my camera boh?

can double up as a war photog :bsmilie: :rolleyes:

Sergeant: Trying to be funny right? Come, let's go see the RPs.

Sergeant: Trying to be funny right? Come, let's go see the RPs.

Sergeant:- arrest him for "spying" on our camp

RP PC:- Arrest this bugger and pass me his camera :devil:

bring handphone, cdplayer....etc...

and most ICTs, u have to wait and wait....

it is a waiting game....wait for lunch, ippt, anything.....basically, a good break from work.

infantry going for 2 days.....

I suspect you are going for BCTC at Pasir Laba.

In that case good luck.

I kanna my first there.... it was hell.

Full battle order walk from 10am to 12am.

Fighting along the way then got this maddening thing call ICGS or something. "river" crossing....

CD the next day....

I was never this worn out during my active days.... you see the 30+ 40+ uncles vomitting at the end of the course....

:cry:

Originally posted by zekai
infantry going for 2 days.....

I suspect you are going for BCTC at Pasir Laba.

In that case good luck.

I kanna my first there.... it was hell.

Full battle order walk from 10am to 12am.

Fighting along the way then got this maddening thing call ICGS or something. "river" crossing....

CD the next day....

I was never this worn out during my active days.... you see the 30+ 40+ uncles vomitting at the end of the course....

bring extra boots insole and wd-40

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.