First HDR Sunset shot attempt

blueacidic

Apr 4, 2010
glennmaureen.zenfolio.com
1. in what area is critique to be sought?

The whole picture

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

To appreciate the beautiful givings of mother nature after days and days of showers

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

When the sun fades away and gives out beautiful streaks of rays for the last moments of the day. In addition the formation of the clouds was spectacular.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Thinks the picture looks very blissful and other composition of the landscape perspective would further enhance the beauty of mother nature.

Welcome all CnC from fellow clubsnap members! :cool:

img311789tonemapped.jpg

img3209d.jpg

Last edited:
nice attempt! nice composition. nice amount of contrast. this picture sits well with me.

i love it.. gd job!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sorry, this classifies as overdone hdr for me.

firstly, your reflection of the pavillion is brighter than the actual thing itself - how is that possible?

there are also telltale signs of massive haloing all over the place - glowing rocks, glowing water, it is as if someone had summoned quite a number of UFOs to shine spotlights on random parts of the photo.

perhaps this works for people who have not seen too many hdrs. i have, the effect's novelty has run out for me.

Agree. It's overdone.

i would like to see the sun set coz of the tittle...

on HDR, you're almost there. keep it up!

sorry, this classifies as overdone hdr for me.

firstly, your reflection of the pavillion is brighter than the actual thing itself - how is that possible?

there are also telltale signs of massive haloing all over the place - glowing rocks, glowing water, it is as if someone had summoned quite a number of UFOs to shine spotlights on random parts of the photo.

perhaps this works for people who have not seen too many hdrs. i have, the effect's novelty has run out for me.

Agree. It's overdone.

Thanks for the CnC.. Will take note of the above mention in my next HDR shoot.

i would like to see the sun set coz of the tittle...

on HDR, you're almost there. keep it up!

Thanks for the encouragement! I've included a sunset picture that i took on the day itself as well..

yeahh. think the HDR is overdone as well.
But i like the composition of the pic!:thumbsup:

The top half of the image is rather nicely processed.

Not too sure about the bottom half.

#1 has quite many "uneven" parts...
#2 is of course better interms of lesser uneven lighting portions...but still, the rocks are lit in a way that I can't really figure out...haha...:dunno:
the sun is coming up in the backgrnd, and the rock surface facing the viewer is rather bright...

Pic 1 is over done.

Pic 2's colour is more natural.:thumbsup:

#1 has quite many "uneven" parts...
#2 is of course better interms of lesser uneven lighting portions...but still, the rocks are lit in a way that I can't really figure out...haha...:dunno:
the sun is coming up in the backgrnd, and the rock surface facing the viewer is rather bright...

Thanks will take note of the lighting parts in my upcoming shoots! Thanks alot for CnC! :cool:

Pic 1 is over done.

Pic 2's colour is more natural.:thumbsup:

Thanks alot for your comments :)

I like the second pic :D Love the dramatic quality!