First go at HDR

jieliangc

Apr 30, 2010
P4304209_10_11_12_1+copy.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Everything. I'm new to photography, and to ClubSnap.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
Improve at HDR photos

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This photo was taking when I was playing with my camera.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
I'm quite happy myself, but not sure for you guys.

Maybe let me be the first one to tell you that your buildings are slanted on both sides before someone else do.

Pls share here, how do you play with your camera ?

From what I gather from some HDR sourcebook, it is meant to bring out details from the shadow and highlights of a contrasty scene.
Perhaps if you had include more of those buildings, might get a better effect.

Maybe let me be the first one to tell you that your buildings are slanted on both sides before someone else do.
I need to get a better tripod. I'm currently using the one that courts gave as a freebie, it's very unstable. :D

Pls share here, how do you play with your camera ?
I was trying around the art modes of my DSLR had with my friend, then he suggested that I have a go at HDR.

From what I gather from some HDR sourcebook, it is meant to bring out details from the shadow and highlights of a contrasty scene.
Perhaps if you had include more of those buildings, might get a better effect.
Ok I'll take note of that. Thanks!

i like the picture as a whole, include more of the buildings should help

doesnt fit me. wad prog u use for ur hdr? its meant to be high dynamic range, and it shows details tat would oftenly be washed out. yet urs feels more like a very bad screw up. especially with clouds cause the colors are grey and blue. it shld had been an even shade. i dunno.

way way way way way too saturated.

other than the tilted buildings that someone else has pointed out, what is your main subject here? the cloud formation has not enough space around it to breathe.

this hdr has obviously been pushed too hard, your buildings are the brighest part of the scene, so something is wrong here. try not to be too dazzled by gimmicks and concentrate on fulfilling the basics before trying to fly.