'First feed': abstract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking in clubsnap for more than a year now and this is my first post. have been wanting to put up a photo for critique for a long time, but never got aroudn to it. However, with the birth of my baby girl, I figured now is as good a time as any!

Your comments/critiques appreciated!

88526068-O.jpg

Ben

Congratulations!! ;)
On your first post and your newborn!

wah, ben, u finally registered!!!

that is my NIECE and my sister in law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~ everybody congratulate my brother too!! :heart: ;p

ok back to the critique:

it's not abstract enough for me, maybe you could try it in b/w. also i find too many elements in the whole frame, detracting from the mood of the whole scene.

i'm sure u've got better shots of stacey feeding, or u will get better ones! :)

Actually, I've been registered since Nov 2005, just never posted... hehhe...
Still trying to figure out how to shoot babies - especially the abstract side of things. The standard candids are nice too, but not really all that arty!
Thanks for dropping by!

I think the theme would be clearer if it were shot towards the head of the baby instead of the body. The whole hand holding the head of the baby would be reveal, the care of the mother to the baby is shown better and hence, the theme would be enhanced. Currently, i think a better title can just be "warmth"

Firstly, CONGRATS!!

I kinda find the hair in the foreground abit distracting..
Hope you can find another angle next time.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.