first DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelemontea

Aug 12, 2004
Hi, i've been using consumable dig cams for a quite a number of yrs now and wanna move to the DSLR scene.

Which camera would u guys advice for a newbie like me? which camera is easier to learn with?

I'm thinking of a 2nd hand, then move on to something better when i become more exprienced. :D

I started my first wedding shot with 300D and kit lens + 420ex flash. I works fine for me. For the third wedding shots I upgraded my flash to 550ex next I upgraded my kit lens to 17-40 f4L. 300D is a good start for learning, upgrade only when it hits your limits.

EOS 10d :thumbsup:

wait for 350d(should be out pretty soon), test it out (together with other entry level dslr) and then decide which one best suits your need.... :)

if you are a beginner, a cheap used Olympus E-10, Canon D30 or 300D is great to learn more about DSLR. all of them are <$1000 nowadays and take great pictures.

yah actually i'm on a <1K budget so i'd suppose a 2nd 300D would do fine for me...

nad said:
if you are a beginner, a cheap used Olympus E-10, Canon D30 or 300D is great to learn more about DSLR. all of them are <$1000 nowadays and take great pictures.

"a cheap used Olympus E-10, Canon D30 or 300D is great to learn more about DSLR."...........interesting point. These cameras are great to learn about "dslr" and not about "photography" itself? Can we learn photography from cameras? :think:

Yezrah said:
"a cheap used Olympus E-10, Canon D30 or 300D is great to learn more about DSLR."...........interesting point. These cameras are great to learn about "dslr" and not about "photography" itself? Can we learn photography from cameras? :think:

We can't learn photography from cameras, that's for sure. It can only be learnt from people -- who knows what they are doing with whatever the equipment they choose to employ.

Yezrah said:
Didn't mean to pick on words.......just wondering if a better camera helps to learn more about photography.
know yr equipment.
like shooting with weapons.
for a 400m range, a M16 is better or a MP5navy ???

i dunno what mp5navy is , but at the pulau tekong 300m live firing range, with m16, figure 11 seems like a tiny speck ;p (surprisngly i got 5/6 for that round..hehe)

but as the name sggests, then i guess mp5navy is more suited for target at 400m

Status
Not open for further replies.