First dslr! K-x!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roddreck

Dec 3, 2009
Singapore, Singapore
Hi guys! i've been looking through this forum for information on cameras...and finally settled on a k-x!

haha kx is the bomb man :heart:

i've encountered a rather stupid problem which i cant seem to solve. I turned on my self timer to take low-light photos, but i cant seem to turn it off since. Any help? :D

press the "UP" button to set back to single shot? did you try that?

If i'm not wrong, I could say press up, then a selection like multi shot and somewhat. bring to leftmost hand side which is the single shot option.

Congrats for the K-x. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

This is my 1st dslr...so dont come down too hard on me please

IMGP0176.jpg

IMGP0177.jpg

IMGP0129.jpg

IMGP0180.jpg

IMGP0182.jpg

Last edited:
nice macro shot! you're using the kit lens? i find the kit lens really great to take macro.. seems to be able to get pretty up close to the subject...

Congrats on the new camera. It's a great and very capable little camera. Hope you'd join our monthly outing too :)

er yeah im using the 18-55mm kit lens... tried using the 50-200mm zoom lense to take the batman photo :D

welcome! dont forget to get your "pentax" t-shirt from nik34. :bsmilie:

don't worry, just look for an interesting image. I can't find anything here except trees. :)

try to join the monthly outings you might find good things there ;)

any advice on how to improve this photo?

IMGP0182.jpg

Is this taken with the HDR mode? Or taken with highlight and shadow correction? Hmm...maybe a nice sunny day can improve the shot!

crop off the streetlamps at the bottom too

Welcome! :)
the ideas of the still life shots are good. Need to work on sharpness though. It could be that your focus distance is too close so nothing is in focus.

Keep it up

nice macro shot! i love those, but i have problem taking it with my kx!

i chose macro and when i go close to the object i wanna take, i press the shutter halfway, it just wont focus! then i cant take the picture, but isnt macro supposed to be close up?!

i chose macro and when i go close to the object i wanna take, i press the shutter halfway, it just wont focus! then i cant take the picture, but isnt macro supposed to be close up?!

You may be too close to the subject. Try backing off a bit. All lenses have a minimum focussing distance; go any closer and it won't focus. Macro lenses have very close focussing distances, but other lenses' are not as close.

This was exactly what I was advising TS.
petit prince explained it clearly as well.

Welcome! :)
the ideas of the still life shots are good. Need to work on sharpness though. It could be that your focus distance is too close so nothing is in focus.

Keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.