Not open for further replies.

leews2001

Feb 15, 2006
3rd Rock from the Sun
flickr.com
475477341_254955b2b7_o.jpg

no pic? click here.

Information (in response to qns below):
This a night photograph taken at Parkview Square in singapore. To create the silent-hilly mood, two photographs of "dirty" walls from my own texture stock have been overlayed (via photoshop layers) onto the "clean" walls of the original photograph.

The title and this work is inspired after watching the films "The Cell" and "Paprika". Sort of what might be the first scene inside a coma sequence. Does one go forward and deeper into this sequence? or turn back? or stay? The nightmarish dirty wall doesn't encourage one to stay. Though the elevator-up invites one to use it, but the dark passage beyond does not seem welcoming either. The surging fear maybe overwhelming...

of course, that is my own motivation for the work. feel free to overwrite it with your own interpretation.

I like this photo a lot, wonder why you didn't crop it such that it was symmetrical though, there is more space on the right than on the left.

Where was this taken? If you intended to put a dreamy, nightmarish mood (I know, dreamy and nightmarish aren't quite the same but I hope you get what I mean), you have definitely done well. :thumbsup:

Nice~The tone and the mood is very matching. But feel it will be perfect if the shot was taken exactly at the center. Fron the center part of the escalator, on the left railing, can see that the shot was taken kind of from the side. But small issue la, overall, its very nice from my view~ Taken in singapore? looks like those USA subways.

This is very nice. Has a spooky feel to it, makes the viewer wonder what lies waiting at the end of the escalator :sweat:

Hi, nice shot bro! Like the color tone and the symmetry. Where did u shot this? And i dont quite understand the title and the picture....haha

My guess is it's a composite. Works pretty well for me though. It has a nice mood.

Look like Silent hill series ..

nice one ...:cool:

I like this photo a lot, wonder why you didn't crop it such that it was symmetrical though, there is more space on the right than on the left.

Thanks, now that you (and many others above) mentioned, i had only noticed problem now. luckily, digital shots are 4:3, still can afford a re-crop to 1:1.

nice photo but looks like a scene from a scary movie...

i like how the weathered walls are juxtaposed with the clean, shiny escalators. that works for me to make it more 'dream'-like.

well it does feel like a dream. or nightmare.

Hi,

Maybe you can try a shot of longer exposure, and you go and trigger the escalators to move. Might get something interesting. ;)

ah damnit. just when i thought i can get out of the train station, have to go through an alternate world sequence AGAIN. need to find a clipboard..must save game liao.. (sry, brought back memories of hours spent on silent hill haha)

Nice attempt at the atmosphere!
Could use a zombie at the upper-floor end of the escalators too.. and photoshopped rusty metal instead of shiny chromed steel, unless the contrast between the dirty walls and shiny and nice escalator is meant to imply something.

Status
Not open for further replies.