First day in HK!

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
My virgin visit to HK.

Made a blunder upon arrival, walk in circles with my luggage when the hotel is right in front of me!

Then went out without the camera shop's address so end up going back to hotel to get the address when i cannot find the shops i want to go... :bsmilie:

And this is my hoot from HK!

40932_425982452522_688242522_4965982_1483622_n.jpg

Bought my Billingham 335 from Tin Chueng and got my flash from Citicall. The rest is buy for friends (also at Citicall)

My reviews about Tin Cheung and Citicall.... Tin Chueng is a hard place to ask for discounts... and Citicall pricing is better and gave discounts (no extra charge for cc)!

To update those who is still curious about Canon's International Warranty... yes i still managed to get it.

59583_425982477522_688242522_4965984_4367171_n.jpg

The green international warranty card (both lens + flash).

Time to scout for my dinner! :)

Does Canon SG honor the International Warranty in the first place?

Nice purchase! I went to Fortress which is located in the middle of the stretch for my Tokina 11-16. That time, only that outlet has Christmas sales going on and offered a 10% further reduction :). The Fortress outlet located in front of the main road is bad, very high price, comparable to SG's prices so avoid that shop whenever possible.

Enjoy yourself dont forget the good food!

Wow! Bought so many things there..must be cheap! You pay the 7% GST if Singapore custom find them when you return?

I am going to HK next Monday, where is this Citicall? Is LX5 on sale in HK?

Citicall is everywhere in HK. Mongkok alone has 5 or 6 branches.

Wing Shing is another good shop in Mongkok to shop for camera equipment...

I went to this branch,

Shop 4-7, Sim City, 47-51 Shantung Street, Mongkok, Kowloon.

Nearest MRT is Mongkok.

not sure about LX5...

Look for Jason when u go there. :)

Wow! Bought so many things there..must be cheap! You pay the 7% GST if Singapore custom find them when you return?

i am going to take out all the lens and flash and place it to my new bag... should be big enough to put all... then hand carry it on board.

The boxes and stryofoam... will flatten and put into my check in luggage.

Hopefully wun get caught! *keep my finger cross* :bsmilie:

Wing Shing is another good shop in Mongkok to shop for camera equipment...

yup there is many shops here... Citical, Broadway, Fortress etc...

My strategy is not to run all over the place... i check on the price on www.price.com.hk then go to one area... look ard then find the shop with the best price and offer then bargain.

So far i only did comparision between Tin Cheung and Citicall. Tin Chueng (Mongkok) very inflexible... cc payment extra charge, buy more no discount. So i only bought my bag (HKD 4305) with them since this brand like only carried by them.

Lens + Flash bought from Citicall:
580II EX - HKD 3130 (bought 2) (Tin Chueng - HKD 3130)
85mm f1.8 - HKD 2930 (Tin Chueng - HKD 3039)
24-105mm f4 L - HKD 7590 (Tin Chueng - HKD 7752)
All with Canon international warranty

Total cost is HKD 16780 but the sales person (Jason) gave me a further discount to HKD 16700. :)

Citicall dun charge me extra for paying via CC... Tin Chueng does.

Bro, is Billingham prices in HK much cheaper than local? How much is your 335?

ps, not very knowledgeable abt bag prices in HK ;p

So far i only did comparision between Tin Cheung and Citicall. Tin Chueng (Mongkok) very inflexible... cc payment extra charge, buy more no discount. So i only bought my bag (HKD 4305) with them since this brand like only carried by them.

Tin Chueng does.
now u exp it liao, mentioned that they are not tat flexible prev, @ mongkok branch. :nono:

adding on, the quote given at mongkok and TST branch r diff, ard $100sgd price diff then for the sigma 50mm (i went mongkok branch first, but hesistated. so i decided to go to the TST branch to ask+explore) :eek:

Citicall prices you got are good! :lovegrin:

i am going to take out all the lens and flash and place it to my new bag... should be big enough to put all... then hand carry it on board.

The boxes and stryofoam... will flatten and put into my check in luggage.

Hopefully wun get caught! *keep my finger cross* :bsmilie:
:cool: :thumbsup:

I went to this branch,

Shop 4-7, Sim City, 47-51 Shantung Street, Mongkok, Kowloon.

Nearest MRT is Mongkok.

not sure about LX5...

Look for Jason when u go there. :)

Pardon me, who is Jason?

Actually for some items like Canon lenses, Wing Shing is still the cheapest.. They almost always quote the lowest price and no need to bargain (even though I don't speak cantonese!)

But I like to shop at Citicall and Broadway for flashes and pay by CC..

And I don't see a point going to camera shops in HK Island as the prices are higher.. Unless no choice (like the 1st time I went there to buy 50L which is out of stock everywhere except for some shops in HK Island)

Man I miss the Jiu Ji Beef Noodles at Gough Street...... :thumbsup: