First Car Photoshoot (Mitsubishi Colt Version R)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xunliang

Jul 3, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
First photoshoot of a car I've done so far. Taken with a 1000d, Sigma 10-20 F3.5 and a Speedlite 430EX II. Please comment to help me improve thanks.

4042403624_f66d1e03c7.jpg

4042403860_954fc6de5b.jpg

4042404198_dbdd253156.jpg

4042404512_ca42ae85b7.jpg

4041659777_38a7a7eacd.jpg

Last edited:
Good effort, but much room for improvement.

12 and 16 are out of focus.
15 is tilted and subject is off-center so composition is compromised.
19 is aesthetically not appealing because of the underside of the wheel well.

Use your 10-20mm to your advantage, don't go so close to the car. Also try to capture some of the surrounding area, pull back and get the whole car in the shot. For hatchbacks, top-down angles work better. Try to avoid shooting at Kallang, too many tree reflections.

Hope that helps, no offense.:)

thanks for hte feed back. as for 12 i wanted a softer focus to have a concept car kind of feel to it, don't quite know how to explain that. as for 15 and 19 i'd agree. 16 was due to camera shake, was tempted to blur the wheels to give the effect of movement but i just left it. the car was pretty dirty as well as my friend had no time to wash his car.

thanks for hte feed back. as for 12 i wanted a softer focus to have a concept car kind of feel to it, don't quite know how to explain that. as for 15 and 19 i'd agree. 16 was due to camera shake, was tempted to blur the wheels to give the effect of movement but i just left it. the car was pretty dirty as well as my friend had no time to wash his car.

No worries mate, automotive photography is not as easy as it looks.

My suggestion is to take it a step at a time. Shoot in the day first and master that before doing night shots. If light levels are low, use a tripod, don't compromise.
Also, leave the photoshopping out of it all until you get your angles right.

I assuming of course that you are going to try again! hahaha, if you were just experimenting, then the important thing is to have fun while at it! :)

thanks. so generally speaking, should just work on camera angles at the moment? post processing wasn't on top form for some pictures as well, it get's tiring after a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.