First attempt on Photoshop Miniature PP

xxdoggyxx

Feb 19, 2010
Right behind you. :P
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Color and correct area to be blurred and focus.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to achieve a Tilt-shift effect from photoshop

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Random!!! Just have the feeling that this scene will be great in tilt-shift effect.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel that the tilt-shift effect is very weird, or is it because this is the first time i see a tilt-shift image? o_O

LiangC.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Color and correct area to be blurred and focus.
I would say the focus is quite off. There isnt any subject in your picture.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to achieve a Tilt-shift effect from photoshop
You got the effect somewhat but again, there is no subject to feel the miniature effect on.

Heres a small guide to getting the effect better, http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/photoshop-tutorial.php

Yupz subject focus is off.
Had the boat be in the lower 1/3 or in the zone of focus, that effect would have been much better.

Colour wise, it probably needs to be brighter, more contrast, and most importantly more saturated.

One thing to note, in my opinion, to make a pseudo tilt effect more realistic you need to add more work. Don't just do the whole blur section. I always think that in tilt effect, a block/plane is in focus.
So in your photo, you have chosen the water section (+ red and green barricade area) to be in focus. This means that whole plane/block, including the white part above the red and green barricade on the right should also be in focus.

Note however, the orange block of building on the right must not be in focus as it is "out of the plane/block" in focus. so means a bit more PS work is needed here.

Sorry all, had not been in Singapore...

Heard all comment and i'll do a better work for tilt-shift using ps. I'll try to PP 1 more b4 Tuesday(school reopen). Haha

Thanks anyway.

I don't see any focus/subject in the picture, trying moving the focus area to 1 of the boat or some area of interest. For tilt-shift effect to work at it's best... it's recommended that you shoot down from a point of elevation. shoot more! :)

I don't see any focus/subject in the picture, trying moving the focus area to 1 of the boat or some area of interest. For tilt-shift effect to work at it's best... it's recommended that you shoot down from a point of elevation. shoot more! :)
yeah agreed :)

TS, look for a higher vantage point.
Imagine that the whole thing is a scale model on a table. You would be shooting downwards onto the model, am I right?