First Attempt on Model Shoot (Bikini)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerbookg4

May 14, 2008
Pardon me, as its my first attempt. Guidances please.

Shot taken at Tanjong Beach, Sentosa late Sunday Morning
Model : Amy
Equipment : D300 + 17-55mm f/2.8 + SB900
Settings : 1/250, f/4.0, fill flash
DSC_1946.jpg

C&Cs please.
On composition, exposure and cropping.

Hi, think ou should not have cropped off the right foot... also noticed a few strands of hair cutting across her face, kinda distracting (although not sure if I am commenting within your spectified context).

Hi, think ou should not have cropped off the right foot... also noticed a few strands of hair cutting across her face, kinda distracting (although not sure if I am commenting within your spectified context).

Thank you. Nevertheless it is good feedback.

Other than the cropped foot (which was mentioned already)

the sky is also a factor. It seems to be over-exposed as you metered for the model. With a flash handy, you could have tried to balance for the sky and model so as to not have such a glaring sky...

She's a pretty model with a nice smile, so the photo is pleasing to look at. I feel that she is not really relaxed in this photo - still tense, probably a few more shots to loosen up.

Other than the foot crop and the metering, I guess another improvement may be to straighten up the horizon (right now is slanting down - not sure if this is any issue?), and perhaps consider the rules of third to place the face of the model.

Just me 2 pesos... ;)

Other than the cropped foot (which was mentioned already)

the sky is also a factor. It seems to be over-exposed as you metered for the model. With a flash handy, you could have tried to balance for the sky and model so as to not have such a glaring sky...

Thank you. Will take note of the exposure of background.

She's a pretty model with a nice smile, so the photo is pleasing to look at. I feel that she is not really relaxed in this photo - still tense, probably a few more shots to loosen up.

Other than the foot crop and the metering, I guess another improvement may be to straighten up the horizon (right now is slanting down - not sure if this is any issue?), and perhaps consider the rules of third to place the face of the model.

Just me 2 pesos... ;)

Thanks again. Well this was towards to end of the shoot. I think I need to work with the model a bit more to relax. First shoot a bit shy don't dare to voice out.

Did not notice the horizon till you mention. But I guess it was partly due to the island.

DSC_1946.jpg

Did not notice the horizon till you mention. But I guess it was partly due to the island.

Hi,
Photoedit is correct, the horizon is tilted. If it was due to the island, the water in the lagoon could have been drained at this angle.

Hi,
Photoedit is correct, the horizon is tilted. If it was due to the island, the water in the lagoon could have been drained at this angle.

Very true. Had to tilt my head a few times to see it. :bsmilie::bsmilie:
Thanks noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.