Lost
Visit site
Okay.. Here goes.. :)

Hope to get some comments :D

cityscape.sized.jpg

waterfront.sized.jpg

esplanade_side.sized.jpg

darkcity.sized.jpg

i think the 4th one is quite interesting.. the building are like chimneys with clouds as smoke....

keep shooting :)

My comments...

#1 - Horizon seems slightly tilted to the right. Am I right in say that it was shot with the wide angle lens? Getting the balance right can be quite a task when shooting with the wide angle so its down to trial 7 error to get it right but constantly check the viewfinder to make sure. You might also need to stop down a few more stops as I noticed a bit of vignetting at the top left and right corners.

#2 - Too much uninteresting sky on the left and abrupt cropping of the buildings on the right... composition not balanced.

#3 - Horizon not level, tilted to the right. Good point for reference in such a situation would be the bridge across the river/water expand. Another thing is that the abrupt truncation of the walkway on the right is spoiling the effect. Ideally, the diagonal line of the silver railings should have continued and ended at the bottom right corner.

#4 - Horizon not level, severely tilted to the right... left side of the image very much higher than the right. Colour is nice though.

just my 2-cents worth... ;)

basically nice pictures... :thumbsup:

but... all the pictures seem a bit soft. handheld shots?

you shot these on a weekend evening? the office building lights are mostly switched off and it makes the photos look uninteresting.

the photos look soft, and seemed underexposed by 1/2 to 1 stop (due to the large portion of the photo is the sky)

ditto to the points made by Szennyboy too.

P.S. see my avatar?? :D

I like the 2nd and 3rd pics but feel that the colors are not that vibrant. Maybe it is the sunlight at that point of time.

Pic 2 shows a generous span of space - a good contrast to a densely populated city. It would be better if the CBD buildings are a bit to the left, just a little bit more...

Pic 3 is unqiue in its composition... if only color are brigher and pictues are sharper....

btw, what are the settings and what camera/lens are u using?

SzennyBoy said:
My comments...

#1 - Horizon seems slightly tilted to the right. Am I right in say that it was shot with the wide angle lens? Getting the balance right can be quite a task when shooting with the wide angle so its down to trial 7 error to get it right but constantly check the viewfinder to make sure. You might also need to stop down a few more stops as I noticed a bit of vignetting at the top left and right corners.

#2 - Too much uninteresting sky on the left and abrupt cropping of the buildings on the right... composition not balanced.

#3 - Horizon not level, tilted to the right. Good point for reference in such a situation would be the bridge across the river/water expand. Another thing is that the abrupt truncation of the walkway on the right is spoiling the effect. Ideally, the diagonal line of the silver railings should have continued and ended at the bottom right corner.

#4 - Horizon not level, severely tilted to the right... left side of the image very much higher than the right. Colour is nice though.

just my 2-cents worth... ;)

Agreed with your comments. However, the sky looks good and good effort in capturing it.

Thanks for all the comments. :)

Yeah.. my pics were all shot handheld. And no.. I didn't shoot on a weekend, I shot it yesterday (Thursday) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.