First Attempt at Countdown 2009 (free use of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckhamc

Dec 23, 2006
Singapore
Hi all,

just to share 3 of my pics for comments.

The pics are taken in a non-conventional way. I've used a shutter time of just 2 secs using my FujiFilm F50fd P&S camera. The effects seem interesting.

3158721771_a194f55f35.jpg

Edited

3159555346_3839138857.jpg

Original

3159555856_6a8f38322c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

just to share 3 of my pics for comments.

The pics are taken in a non-conventional way. I've used a shutter time of just 2 secs using my FujiFilm F50fd P&S camera. The effects seem interesting.

3158721771_a194f55f35.jpg

Edited

3159555346_3839138857.jpg

Original

3159555856_6a8f38322c.jpg

Your technique is fine, except I know shears bridge wouldn't give you a good view no matter where you stand :) Had recce that place before. I think we can forget about shears bridge soon. It is sucky with tons of construction going on, then it's done, it will block everything too. Too smoky I feel :)

Thanks for your comments. Will try harder. Actually I'm a bit self critical about the pics. I didn't use a tripod for this shoot! Would definitely bring the next time. So what I have done is to reduce the resolution so that the pic doesn't look obviously blurred. As for the Sheares Bridge.. yep.. I guess it would have been much better without the constructions.

The smoky buildings was reduced when I took another photo of the same scene and overlaid it. Anybody who can teach me how to do it in a better way? Also, how to make the sky naturally darker?

Guess I've learnt also that the first few fireworks are the most important ones which I should have captured properly.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. Will try harder. Actually I'm a bit self critical about the pics. I didn't use a tripod for this shoot! Would definitely bring the next time. So what I have done is to reduce the resolution so that the pic doesn't look obviously blurred. As for the Sheares Bridge.. yep.. I guess it would have been much better without the constructions.

The smoky buildings was reduced when I took another photo of the same scene and overlaid it. Anybody who can teach me how to do it in a better way? Also, how to make the sky naturally darker?

Guess I've learnt also that the first few fireworks are the most important ones which I should have captured properly.

Indeed first few are the best of all fireworks. Especially when Singapore trend of putting fireworks is fast and furious. I rather they do it slowly and let the people slow admire the bloom of each firework. They seems to enjoy the hype that gives the audience by exploding the fireworks in fast sequence which does nothing more than light up the sky and noise pollution. In my opinion, if sound effect is what is required, why not just put a few Machine Guns and fire off on mark. :bsmilie:

Well seems like in any case, if you want nice fireworks, it's either the first few or you need to do some post processing. If you don't mind PP, I recommend slowly overlay the smoke with the background of the sky using a pen and tablet.

That's my opinion. Increasing contrast and keep the brightness down helps to make the smoke less obvious but it will not take it away completely especially for those obvious one.

That's my way to doing work in digital form. :)

Last edited:
Icic.. thanks. I saw ur flickr photos. Pretty cool.
Regarding the fireworks.. it doesn't seem to change year after year... not like in some other places where fireworks fly off the buildings, bridges, etc.
And I do agree with you.. can slow down the fireworks.. haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.