First Attemp as a 2nd Photographer for a wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvyn83

Jun 30, 2008
People need some advice for a AD wedding. Is 24-70 F2.8 and 85 F1.2 and 430EX enough.

As my friend is getting married in June

why not enough? :)

can woot alot of swee pics using those lens liao...

You should put more concern on
1. Back up body
2. Back up flash
2. Batteries
3. Memory cards

rather than lenses.....

Are you using a FF cam? If not, 24mm might not be wide enough for group shots.
Flash wise, you'll have to up your ISO if you want to use the 430EX.

I am using a 400D with 430 ex II , and how about 16 35

Do i have to bump the iso with 430 ex II USING a 400D and will 16 35 be wide enough .

Normally you would set higher ISO if you would like to capture the surrounding ambient. For 400D I would say the comfortable setting (with acceptable noise level) would be ISO400, and ISO800 if stretching it. Also, remember to watch out the corners if you're using the wide end of the 16-35. Don't put people too close to the edges or they will be distorted.

dun forget your spare batts and memory cards....

You can have the best setup... but without those 2, you shoot NOTHING. :bheart:

Hey Seniors , i need some advice on ROM and i will be using 16-35 mark II and 430EX II isn't enough as it's my first time .

Is the couple aware that you have zero experience?

Hey Seniors , i need some advice on ROM and i will be using 16-35 mark II and 430EX II isn't enough as it's my first time .

why not enough?? I only got 17-40... :cry:

They are aware off ...

Is actually for a friend who ask me to help ...

Moderator's note:

Hello melvyn83,

You have already created one thread of the same topic. Please refrain from creating another thread to discuss about the same issue. Thanks. Threads merged.

how can it not be enough?

why not enough?? I only got 17-40... :cry:

17-40 is kinda the "standard" lens that photographers use... i spoke to a wedding photographer whom i came across at a friend's wedding ( and another wedding my cousin's, different photographer but said the same thing) that this was the lens they use most often for weddings with flash.

i might not be using canon, but i'm using nikon kit lens to shoot weddings and events. although it's 18-55 vs your 16-35, taking a few steps forward to get the reach of 55mm isnt much of a problem you know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.