Firmware Upgrade for Noise Reduction for C700UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Greetings fellow Olympians;

On the advise on one of the nice people here (and also, a fellow user of the c700uz) i was to go down to the Olympus service centre @ River Valley point. However, when i called ahead to check how long it would take, i was informed that upon performing the firmware upgrade, the colour of my pictures would be duller.

How true is that?

Kindly advise.

Hmmm it may be true if the firmware upgrade performs a noise reduction function, which typically may dull the colours a little. But for my case, it's not really visible to my eyes whether the colours are duller. If they really are, bump up that saturation! hehe :D

Originally posted by Tweek
Hmmm it may be true if the firmware upgrade performs a noise reduction function, which typically may dull the colours a little. But for my case, it's not really visible to my eyes whether the colours are duller. If they really are, bump up that saturation! hehe :D

Aye aye! I'm on my way down to do it. :)

Hi, i'm a fellow 700 user.]
I want to upgrade my filmware too.
I called Olympus just now, but some guy there told me that the cameras all have the latest software already. I think he just had lunch, probably not so enthusiastic, so i asked for Mr Goh, because i remember some of the forumers looked for him in January (Jayan?) and got great service and help from him.
Unfortunately, Mr Goh is out for lunch.
Wolfgang, after you come back from your trip, please update whether you had a sucessful trip.
Thanks alot.

Originally posted by yurona
Hi, i'm a fellow 700 user.]
I want to upgrade my filmware too.
I called Olympus just now, but some guy there told me that the cameras all have the latest software already. I think he just had lunch, probably not so enthusiastic, so i asked for Mr Goh, because i remember some of the forumers looked for him in January (Jayan?) and got great service and help from him.
Unfortunately, Mr Goh is out for lunch.
Wolfgang, after you come back from your trip, please update whether you had a sucessful trip.
Thanks alot.

Hmm.... I'm setting off now. I'll be glad to let you know what happened and if there has been any difference before and after the firmware upgrading....

Cheers.

hehehe....I just came back from Olympus Service Centre....asking them help me clean the viewfinder and enable the Panorama feature of my SM......

Originally posted by siewsphone
hehehe....I just came back from Olympus Service Centre....asking them help me clean the viewfinder and enable the Panorama feature of my SM......

Did you phone them to make an appointment or at least enquire before you went, or you just went down out of the blue and got serviced.
Btw, whats the nearest Mrt station (Cityhall?)
Thanks.

Did you phone them to make an appointment or at least enquire before you went, or you just went down out of the blue and got serviced.
Thanks.

City Hall!?!?!? :eek: No lah!!!!

Oly Sg is in Vallay Point along River Valley Rd, the closest MRT station would be Tiong Bahru....then you walk for abt 15 mins.

Since u r not familiar wif the place, u better go chk up a rd diectory 1st.....

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Greetings fellow Olympians;

On the advise on one of the nice people here (and also, a fellow user of the c700uz) i was to go down to the Olympus service centre @ River Valley point. However, when i called ahead to check how long it would take, i was informed that upon performing the firmware upgrade, the colour of my pictures would be duller.

How true is that?

Kindly advise.

There's a slight diff in terms of color saturation....but judging by my eyes, the colors are more realistic...cos a lot of DCs tend to over-saturate the colors.

must pay to do this? And is yr SM from Olympus also or it doesn't matters?

Originally posted by kaipium

I'm interested to know too. Please reply.

Thanks.

I did not make any appointment, just go there and said I need some tech support for my camera....

Originally posted by kaipium

My SM is Olympus one......they failed to enable the function for me :cry:

My SM is Olympus one......they failed to enable the function for me :cry:

Eh! How come like that....Oly SM u should be able to format and enable pano mode using ur Oly DC what.....

Originally posted by Jayan

Eh! How come like that....Oly SM u should be able to format and enable pano mode using ur Oly DC what.....

I low level format it before with my stupid TREK Crystal MP3 player.....:cry:

oic.....and u managed to kill off the pano function???

What's the capacity of the SM???

Haha u using TREK Crystal MP3 player also ah? Funny to have a same cam and mp3 player with another person :D

I'm finally back from the firmware upgarde.

Took some shots frm Botanical Gardens.

You guys judge for yourself and tell me if it made and diff.

No night shots as yet though....

Status
Not open for further replies.