Firmware upgrade for 5D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
Is there an upgrade for the 5D?

haiz though there a firmware for km5d liao :)
wish they could improve on the Diamge master lite software...it too slow liao

You should email KM for the answer.

seesh, for a moment I thought there's a new firmware available for my 5D. :bsmilie:

only for the 7d, nothing for the 5d yet... checked a few days ago on the km site. besides running poorly on 2Gb CF cards, i haven't found anything wrong with my 5d. did you?

What is wrong with the 5D that u need a firmware upgrade?

Dunno. I guess its just the shiokness of upgrading firmware? U know lah... see 1.0 become 1.1. Change the number oso shiok?

Hell, I dun even know how to check firmware version on my 5D. :bsmilie:

the 2G CF problem happen on all Cf or only some brand?

I am thinking of getting a 4G CF

TME said:
What is wrong with the 5D that u need a firmware upgrade?

Cam doesn't stay in release mode ...... AF illuminator works intermittently. Slow AF ......

Zenten said:
Cam doesn't stay in release mode ...... AF illuminator works intermittently. Slow AF ......

Slow AF is probably your lens rather than the camera and besides, if an entry level camera has super fast AF, what will distinguish a higher one from the 5D... cheaper model will have some limitations... u mean the 5D cannot remain in release priority mode?

Cheh, i tot got upgrade!!! But what the heck....

1. No ratio wireless flash
2. AF release doesnt stay
3. Cant make coffee...

;p

TME said:
u mean the 5D cannot remain in release priority mode?

yah, this one got an earlier thread about it. the camera will happy happy go back to focus priority every now and then.

dynaxattack said:

3. Cant make coffee...

;p

I really won't expect No.1 on a entry level camera.

dynaxattack said:

3. Cant make coffee...

;p

No.1 is a problem with Minolta's flash calculation system. In film cameras they used to measure the amount of light reflecting of the film's surface when the shutter was open during image capturing to control how much light the external flash should output. For the 7D and 5D all the flash measurements are done before the shutter is open so they cant implement the ratio flash like how they did before. Maybe they'll figure out how for the next DSLR.

reno77 said:
No.1 is a problem with Minolta's flash calculation system. In film cameras they used to measure the amount of light reflecting of the film's surface when the shutter was open during image capturing to control how much light the external flash should output. For the 7D and 5D all the flash measurements are done before the shutter is open so they cant implement the ratio flash like how they did before. Maybe they'll figure out how for the next DSLR.

Not true... Canon and Nikon can do it so KM must be able to do it as well... and all DSLRs have to do pre-flash TTL metering... so it's common to all manufacturers... I think KM will surprise us if they do launch a new body at PMA2006... they've had 2 years to work on it...

I agree with TME. Moreover, Minolta was the first who invented the wireless flash system. What the Jap (canon&nikon) did was improvised on it like they always do. I still think there is a ray of hope in #1. ;)

dynaxattack said:
I agree with TME. Moreover, Minolta was the first who invented the wireless flash system. What the Jap (canon&nikon) did was improvised on it like they always do. I still think there is a ray of hope in #1. ;)

Minolta also Japanese what...

What about the WB (as a whole)...........:thumbsd:

Zenten said:
What about the WB (as a whole)...........:thumbsd:

HUH?? :dunno: I beg your pardon. :D

But I think even the AWB is quite fantastic. The preset ones with plus/negative value makes it super, and the custom WB makes it super duper. AFAIK. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.