Firmware upgrade for 20D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ello pplz... Just got my 20D and the firmware version is 1.0.2. I've followed the instructions on the canon website and downloaded the firmware version 1.0.5 to my CF card. When i inserted the CF card to my cam and wanted to upgrade the firmware, it tells me that the firmware can't be updated. Does anyone have this same kind of problem? Anyway, i need help. Lolx... Thanks.

make sure no lens is attached. take out the batt, reinsert and try again.

oh yah, make sure the file is saved in the root directory of the cf card.

Make sure you copy only the unzipped file onto the CF card and not the original zipped file you downloaded.

roon2c said:
Ello pplz... Just got my 20D and the firmware version is 1.0.2. I've followed the instructions on the canon website and downloaded the firmware version 1.0.5 to my CF card. When i inserted the CF card to my cam and wanted to upgrade the firmware, it tells me that the firmware can't be updated. Does anyone have this same kind of problem? Anyway, i need help. Lolx... Thanks.

I got my 20D from CP last week and firmware was version 1.0.5 ...they got it straight from canon. how come yours is still 1.0.2 and you just bought it.

Thanks for all the replies. I did all that. I've downloaded directly from Canon. It is a .exe file not a .zip file. But still I receive a message "CF card containing firmware is required to update. Cannot update." Lolx... does this means i need to send back to Canon for firmware update? :dunno:

roon2c said:
Thanks for all the replies. I did all that. I've downloaded directly from Canon. It is a .exe file not a .zip file. But still I receive a message "CF card containing firmware is required to update. Cannot update." Lolx... does this means i need to send back to Canon for firmware update? :dunno:
The .exe file you downloaded is a self-extracting zip file. You must run it to unzip the firmware file. The instructions are stated very clearly in the Canon download site. The unzipped firmware file that you must copy to the CF card is 20d00105.fir

Status
Not open for further replies.