Firmware upgrade 1.02.02 for D30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've upgraded my D30 to ver1.02.2. Focusing is better in low light, even with non-USM lens. However, it is still not as good as 1D.;p

I hate to be a cold blanket, but I found absolutely no difference in the AF capability of the camera after the upgrade...

I think this firmware is for patching up problems with the remote capture from the PC...

My opinion...

zapp, try shooting a picture in dim light. You should be able to find that the D30 now can focus better.

OK did the upgrade.

Autofocus is definitely better with my Canon 28-135 and 35mm f2.

A bit slower for my Sigma lenses (esp 20mm), actually, but more accurate ie less hunting.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
OK did the upgrade.

Autofocus is definitely better with my Canon 28-135 and 35mm f2.

A bit slower for my Sigma lenses (esp 20mm), actually, but more accurate ie less hunting.

wat really? all this while i have been thinking it's the placebo effect.....u mean there really is an improvement?

hmm.......my camera came with 1.0.1.0 and i have not upgraded it ever since.....maybe i'll try this one.....

Originally posted by Red Dawn

wat really? all this while i have been thinking it's the placebo effect.....u mean there really is an improvement?

hmm.......my camera came with 1.0.1.0 and i have not upgraded it ever since.....maybe i'll try this one.....

Definitely not placebo effect. You must try shooting with different kinds of lenses in dark areas before you can discover the difference.

I shot with the tamron 28-200mm XR at a red cloth placed under a table. The room is lit with only one flouroscent light. The D30 hunts a little, then snaps into focus. Before the upgrade hunting was forever.

Originally posted by zapp!
I hope this will clarify some things...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=2364952

Like i said, personally i felt that there was no difference for mine...

Don't believe everything that Canon says. The last time they claimed that there is no banding on the EOS 1D, but secretly they try to rectify the problem.

I upgraded this morning and I feel the focus sensitivity in low light improves after the upgrade. I only tried using the Canon 50mm F1.8. I will try the other lens tomorrow.

where to download the firmware update???1.0.2.2???

i dont have any card reader....got the uploadfirmware utility program???

Originally posted by chuanwee
i dont have any card reader....got the uploadfirmware utility program???

Nope, you can't do that. Where are you putting up?, i could pass you a loaded CF Card and you can Upgrade your firmware on the spot.

i stay in the west ,Bt gombak

u at where?

will u be in town tomorrow?paya lebar 9am,1.45 will be at in door studium....concert shooting

Originally posted by chuanwee
will u be in town tomorrow?paya lebar 9am,1.45 will be at in door studium....concert shooting

Nope, have shooting early in the morning from 8am - 11am.

Will you be heading to town later?

tomorrpw will be free after 5pm cause concert ends at 5.then might head down to suntec to see if can take shots for the fashion festival....i dont know what time they start.

Status
Not open for further replies.