Firmware Update DSC-F828 v1 to v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the European website and there isn't any available in the Sony AP website. According to Sony Singapore, it is not adviseable to flash Asia equipment with the European firmware. AP firmware will be available after this Wednesday.

JaGr said:
damm...thought there was a fix for pf

No such luck. Here's what the firmware does:

Resolved issues:

The DSC-F828 Firmware update Ver.2.0 resolves the following issues:

Picture deleting issue using quick review function:
If you delete a picture in the Memory Stick using the quick review function , and the Memory Stick contains more than 2 folders, it may occur that another picture in another folder is deleted or that you cannot delete the target picture at all
Picture that is copied from the computer gets damaged when transferred to a camera via USB.
When you copy a picture from a computer to a camera via USB2.0 in Hi-Speed mode, it may happen that the copied file in the Memory Stick gets damaged.
When you copy and delete a picture from a computer to a camera by USB several times, it may happen that the file in the Memory Stick is damaged.
Applicable model:

DSC-F828 with firmware version 1.0

Well since there is an upgrade, no harm flashing it up.. I have done it and so far no problem whatsoever.

The firmware upgrade is also available at Sony Singapore together with the T1 firmware. www.sony.com.sg select customer service, software download, digital still camera and fill in your camera. That's it.

nathan said:
hey, My F828 never display version no. wat to do?

You must follow the instructions on the Sony website to view the version number. But I can briefly tell you how here:
1) Swtich to 'SETUP' mode when your cam is powered OFF
2) Press and hold the 'Menu' button and switch on your cam
3) Scroll to the last tab and you will see the version number.

If you understand my instructions, you can try. If not, just go to the Sony site and they will have detailed instructions with screenshots.

Hi guys,
i followed the instructions to check my version but there was nothing stated. The website said it is only for 828 with version 1.

1.So am i not supposed to install version 2?
2.is there another firmware i'm supposed to install?

Thanks.

trevorise said:
Hi guys,
i followed the instructions to check my version but there was nothing stated. The website said it is only for 828 with version 1.

1.So am i not supposed to install version 2?
2.is there another firmware i'm supposed to install?

Thanks.

There must be a version number shown, unless you are not doing it correctly. As far as I know, there is only one firmware version. V2 is now available for Asia users, go to Singapore Sony website and download it (follow Dennis' direction). While downloading, there will be links to teach you step by step.

In any case, while you upgrade the firmware, the cam will check if you firmware is newer and if so, will ask you if you want to upgrade. So not to worry if you wonder if you need to install version 2.

However, if you find that the upgrade features are of no benefit, then there's no need to upgrade. Then again, you'll never know when you need to use them and it'll be too late by then if you find that your cam messes up with your images that you saved.

Hope this helps.

Okie..thanks..
in any case am i right to assume all new 828s come with firmware version 1?

trevorise said:
Okie..thanks..
in any case am i right to assume all new 828s come with firmware version 1?

Good assumption, unless you purchased your cam after the release on version 1 firmware. Even so, no harm going through the upgrade process and the cam will warn you if the upraded version is older or same.

hi, in order to see the version no on the F828, YOU MUST PLUG THE F828 TO AC POWER. then follow the procedure.
press menu button and ON the camera.
scroll down to SETUP 2 and so on.

nathan said:
hi, in order to see the version no on the F828, YOU MUST PLUG THE F828 TO AC POWER. then follow the procedure.
press menu button and ON the camera.
scroll down to SETUP 2 and so on.

Hmm... no wonder he cannot see the version number!

orh..chey..heh..thanks man....pardon not-so-experimentive guy like me..

Status
Not open for further replies.