Firmware for FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
Anyone here knows how to check the camera firmware for your FZ20?

With the FZ10 - Set to play mode then press review and the burst mode simultaneously. But this does not work with the FZ20, and the Panasonic people says it is trade secret and will not tell you how. :angry:

firmware is important leh ....how come Panasonic said is trade secret !!! :dunno:

club_de_oldman said:
firmware is important leh ....how come Panasonic said is trade secret !!! :dunno:

Exactly. If you don't know your firmware version, how would you know whether to upgrade or not. Anyhow, I heard they are coming out with a new firmware for the FZ20. I suppose, they want all owners to bring in their cameras so that cannot cheat on their warranty. ;)

I notice most camera maker promote alot on firmware, selling their after sale service...but Pan .. :sweat: anyway hope they come out firmware for FZ10 too ;)

club_de_oldman said:
I notice most camera maker promote alot on firmware, selling their after sale service...but Pan .. :sweat: anyway hope they come out firmware for FZ10 too ;)

Err! I think they didn't test their firmware properly la..... Just like M$ software, updates and upgrades until sianz! :cry: patch until my hdd full liao..... :sweat:

HaHaHa :bsmilie: like SP2

hmmm.. so Pan firmware is perfect liao :think:

Sorry... blur sotong here... Is there such a thing as upgrading the software in the camera? Who usually inform the users when there's an upgrade? :bigeyes:

Zenten said:
Anyone here knows how to check the camera firmware for your FZ20?

With the FZ10 - Set to play mode then press review and the burst mode simultaneously.

:eek: don't work on my fz10 leh? :think:

happytikus said:
Sorry... blur sotong here... Is there such a thing as upgrading the software in the camera? Who usually inform the users when there's an upgrade? :bigeyes:

For camera, it's firmware. Currently none for Lumix! The software I mentioned are computer software, eg the operating system!

coldman said:
:eek: don't work on my fz10 leh? :think:

Works on some FZ10 cameras only. I think your camera not so lucky. ;)

Anybody knows how to checjk firmware veersion for the FZ20? Supposed to be Panasonic trade secret. Wondering if they have firmware upgrade for this cam? :dunno:

I think firmware can easily update features like Shutter Priority (extend from 8 secs to 16 secs maybe?)

stuff like that should be very easy to accomplish.

Zenten said:
Works on some FZ10 cameras only. I think your camera not so lucky. ;)

Mine work, can see the firmware.. ;)

This thread "How to check FZ10/FZ20 firmware version?" is still in the Lumix FAQs 2. Camera Guide, and 8. Firmware.

But, I think the more appropriate thread would be -
"What is your Firmware version?"

Hi,

I'm new here.

Well, I use iPhoto most of the time for casual photos. iPhoto's information pane shows the firmware version at the bottom. Mine is 1.0.

Is this what you want to know? I unfortunately don't know how to check on the camera body. But I know it is not a COMPANY SECRET at all.

Cheers,

JH

ZinY said:
This thread "How to check FZ10/FZ20 firmware version?" is still in the Lumix FAQs 2. Camera Guide, and 8. Firmware.

But, I think the more appropriate thread would be -
"What is your Firmware version?"

Thanks for the head up, updated FAQ liao... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.