Firmware for C5050 available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
renegade said:
Found this ...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1008&message=7618521

Probably try upgrading this weekend. Well, u take your own risk if u wanna try upgrading too lah ...

yay! just upgraded mine. no problem. :D but still dunno what updates were done :bsmilie: ... read that it fixes high noise @ high ISO ...

Seems like less noise.

Nemo2003 said:
Any firmware update for Olympus C-5060? :think:

Yes. There is. 80b is last i know of. Check the thread in DpReview and you will find few long thread on it. But i still leave my 5060 at version 79 till i find the need to flash it. Not too sure what the update will improve the picture quality though. :dunno:

slacker said:
Yes. There is. 80b is last i know of. Check the thread in DpReview and you will find few long thread on it. But i still leave my 5060 at version 79 till i find the need to flash it. Not too sure what the update will improve the picture quality though. :dunno:

If u check dpreview forum, i think they claim that for firmware for 5060 also reduces the noise level, and there seem to be some before & after pic to compare.

I'm quite puzzled. if firmware upgrade is for C-5050Z, then why is it not being announced by Olympus wedsite itself?

renegade said:
read all about it in the dpreview forum.

Hi,just wanna ask if its necessary to update our camera firmware? I just check mine is V558-77.....Not sure will have problem after updating..... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.